This app was removed from the App Store.
Ulysses – The Ultimate Writing App
Mac OS Productivity
++ Apple Design Award Winner 2016 ++ Best of App Store 2015 ++ Best of App Store 2013 ++
“The app is amazing. An absolute delight to use. Well done.” – David Hewson, Bestselling Author
“It’s hard to imagine a better experience on any platform.” – Macworld
“An excellent value for anyone who wants to become a better, more efficient writer.” – The Sweet Setup
### WRITE. ANYTHING. ANYWHERE. ###
Ulysses is your one-stop writing environment on OS X. Whether you’re a novelist, a journalist, a student or a blogger – if you love to write and write a lot, Ulysses gives you a uniquely streamlined toolset, covering every phase of the writing process:
- A powerful, yet simple text editor.
- A familiar, no-nonsense text library.
- A comprehensive and truly flexible multi-format export.
Of course, the heart and soul of a writing app is its editor. And Ulysses is said to have the best text editor in the world. It offers everything you need – from markup to images and footnotes, from links to comments and code –, and it still manages to stay completely out of the way. It’s a beautiful and focused experience, which turns the every-day chore of writing into *actual fun*.
But since Ulysses takes writing seriously, it does not stop at the editor. Its unified library offers unprecedented access to everything you’ll ever write, be it snippets and ideas, be it blog posts or manuscripts. Every text is at your fingertips, and Ulysses perfectly scales from scratchpad to diary to Great American Novels – and to everything in-between.
Best of all, Ulysses offers fully-fledged, no-holds-barred, all-out iCloud sync. Ulysses is available for all your devices, be it Mac, iPad or iPhone, and every device has access to everything and anything you’ll ever write. Synchronization is simple, seamless and automatic. It neither requires third-party apps, nor any kind of interaction. If you got iCloud, you got sync.
And once you’re finished, Ulysses transforms your texts into beautiful PDFs, web pages, ebooks and Word documents. You can copy as HTML, save as Markdown, and even publish to your WordPress and Medium accounts. Export is as easy as selecting a format, choosing a style, and picking a destination. Yes, 1-2-3.
### FEATURES ###
Focus & Productivity
- Clean, distraction free interface
- Markup-based text editor
- Typewriter mode
- Minimal mode
- Writing goals (characters, words, pages etc.)
- Comprehensive text statistics
- Split View support
- Full keyboard navigation
- Fully accessible using VoiceOver
Write & Edit
- Simple markup for headlines, lists, comments, quotes, important passages and more
- Easy insertion of links, annotations and footnotes
- Drag’n’drop placement of images
- Keywords, notes and image attachments
- Smart Copy & Paste
- Search & Replace
- Spell check, grammar check, auto correction & dictionary
- Dictation & Speech support
File & Organize
- A single library for all your texts
- Touch ID / password protection
- Groups, filters, favorites, bookmarks
- Glueing, Split & Merge
- Sorting by date, by title or manually
- Import of DOCX, Markdown and text files
- Editing of text files from external folders
- Global search, Spotlight integration
- Automatic versioning
- Automatic, scheduled backups
Export & Publishing
- Export as PDF, DOCX, RTF, TXT, Markdown, HTML and ePub
- Publish to WordPress and Medium
OS X & iOS
- Available for Mac, iPad and iPhone
- Full iCloud synchronization
and so much more…
### SUPPORT ###
Please visit ulyssesapp.com for more information. You can also reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @ulyssesapp – we’re happily awaiting your feedback!
This update fixes a few annoying bugs and prepares Ulysses for upcoming macOS releases. Happy writing!
- Fixed crash when closing popover
- Fixed crash when trying to unlock the app
- Fixed crash when creating link using Japanese input method
- Fixed crash when changing sheet using Chinese input method
- Fixed crash when changing sheet content via X-Callback-URLs
- Improved handling of WordPress blogs on HTTP domains