Projects – Simple and effective project and activity manager.
Projects is a professional application which allows to manage and organize in a simple and innovative manner the time spent on your Mac.
With Projects your activities will be constantly monitored and you will be able to efficiently manage your productivity, and you will be able to view on a time line the execution of the projects and activities related through a set of detailed graphs.
Projects supports three main operational modes:
1) Task Manager Mode - We can select one of the activities previously inserted so that the application will assign the time spent in that specific project.
2) Time Tracker Mode - We can link to our activities rules which will enable Projects to understand in complete autonomy to which task we are currently dedicated, without necessitating the user to remember to preselect the task he is going to perform and preserving the possibility to perform different tasks at the same time.
Three kinds of rules can be applied:
2.1) Applications Rule, when using a particular app the time spent will be assigned to a task which has such app in its auto tracking rules.
2.2) Folder Rule, when using files in a particular folder the time spent will be assigned to the task which has such folders in its auto tracking rules.
Please note that this kind of tracking works for a restricted number of applications.
2.3) Web Activity Rule, when spending time navigating in particular sites, the time spent will be assigned to the task which has such urls in its auto tracking rules.
Please note that this kind of tracking currently doesn’t support the Firefox browser.
3) Manual Time Editing - In Projects it is always possible to manually manage the time slots assigned to the tasks, allowing us to extend Projects to activities performed away from our computer but which are relevant to the project we are handling.
The application consists of a tree structure which helps to subdivide the macro activities in an efficient and intuitive manner:
- Applications Rule
- Folder Rule
- Web Activity Rule
- Manual Time Editing
Provides us the possibility to aggregate different projects, in order to create summaries and overviews of different activities at the same time.
The core of the application is the single project and it delimits the start and end date of the project. The project’s display mode shows all the tasks correlated to it.
For each project tasks are added, activities which will make up the time units inside the project.
For each task, you can link rules, used applications, navigated sites or files and folders used. Each activity will be monitored and logged in the corresponding task.
Projects have a deadline in terms of time but can be made “never ending” in order to manage recurring activities or long activities of uncertain duration.
Enabling the support of apple events, you will broaden considerably the application’s auto tracking ability. Follow the guidance in the application to enable them.
Managing time on projects and activities spent beyond the deadline of the project, an intuitive screen of overviews in the Groups will immediately tell us which projects are requiring our resources beyond the time imposed for their fulfillment.
Multi Task Selection:
Possibility to preselect more than one task in order to increase the time of more than one activity simultaneously.
Task Manager + Auto Tracking:
Possibility to make the two management systems coexist or not, Auto Tracking + Time Manager. In this mode Project will continue to perform automatic login based on the rules assigned to the tasks and to assign the time spent on the manually selected activity.
Projects uses the Sandbox technology for the security of the interaction between the applications.
- Memory Leak fix
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 05, 2012
- 10.2 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 1.50 (2)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 1.50 (6)