Nisus Writer Pro
Mac OS Productivity
Nisus Writer Pro is the powerful word processor for OS X. An intuitive interface, powerful writing tools, and unmatched compatibility make Nisus Writer Pro the choice of serious writers everywhere.
Nisus Writer Pro starts with an intuitive, customizable interface that allows you to write how you want to write. Create great looking documents quickly using our exclusive style sheet view. Polish your documents with our sophisticated, yet easy to use tools including our powerful find (including regular expressions), or add shapes and callouts using the drawing tools. Collaborate with others using track changes and comments that are compatible with Microsoft Word. You can write in just about any language supported in OS X (including right to left languages) thanks to the multilingual support built into Nisus Writer Pro.
No matter what you write, from a simple letter to a sophisticated thesis, Nisus Writer Pro will allow you to create stunning documents with ease.
• Mac OS X autosave and document versioning
• multilingual support
• track changes
• drawing tools
• footnotes and endnotes
• table of contents
• cross references
• mail merge
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import and export)
- PDF (export only)
- WordPerfect (import only)
- Plain Text
- ePub (export only)
• and much more
• Fixed: Nisus Writer’s autosave delay preference could be improperly ignored.
• Fixed: Nisus Writer’s LibreOffice-based file converter should never burn CPU when it should be idle in the background.
• Fixed: documents with certain kinds of automatic numbers can trigger crashes on OSX 10.11.
• Fixed: macros that change the active document window can fail to function correctly on OSX 10.11.
• Other smaller refinements and bug fixes.
NEW IN VERSION 2.1
• Added support for Mac OS X document versioning, where a user can browse and revert to older versions of any document.
• Added support for Mac OS X autosave, where changes to all opens documents are saved regularly.
• Added support for iCloud.
• Improved import/export of DOCX and DOC documents.
• Can import documents from Apple Pages '09.
• Switched to 64-bit and runs within the Mac App sandbox.
• Many bug fixes and other smaller enhancements.
• Added many new macro commands and features.