Nisus Writer Pro
Mac OS Productivity
Nisus Writer Pro is the powerful word processor for OS X. An intuitive interface, powerful writing tools, and unmatched compatibility make Nisus Writer Pro the choice of serious writers everywhere.
Nisus Writer Pro starts with an intuitive, customizable interface that allows you to write how you want to write. Create great looking documents quickly using our exclusive style sheet view. Polish your documents with our sophisticated, yet easy to use tools including our powerful find (including regular expressions), or add shapes and callouts using the drawing tools. Collaborate with others using track changes and comments that are compatible with Microsoft Word. You can write in just about any language supported in OS X (including right to left languages) thanks to the multilingual support built into Nisus Writer Pro.
No matter what you write, from a simple letter to a sophisticated thesis, Nisus Writer Pro will allow you to create stunning documents with ease.
• Mac OS X autosave and document versioning
• multilingual support
• track changes
• drawing tools
• footnotes and endnotes
• table of contents
• cross references
• mail merge
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import and export)
- PDF (export only)
- WordPerfect (import only)
- Plain Text
- ePub (export only)
• and much more
This version offers smaller refinements and improves stability. Changes include:
• Fixed some problems with conversion of DOC, DOCX, and ODT files.
• Fixed: duplicate backups should always be autosaved when closing documents.
• Fixed: using a non-English localization should not trigger warnings when reopening certain documents with indexing.
• Fixed: cross-references with an "above" or "below" suffix could incorrectly ignore the language when enforced by a style.
• Fixed: copy-paste of an image from Apple’s Photos app should insert the image, not a link to that image file.
• Fixed: reverting a plain text document after adding formatting could trigger layout errors, and the document could not be closed.
• Other small changes and improvements. Full release notes are available via the Help menu.