Nisus Writer Pro
Mac OS Productivity
Nisus Writer Pro is the powerful word processor for OS X. An intuitive interface, powerful writing tools, and unmatched compatibility make Nisus Writer Pro the choice of serious writers everywhere.
Nisus Writer Pro starts with an intuitive, customizable interface that allows you to write how you want to write. Create great looking documents quickly using our exclusive style sheet view. Polish your documents with our sophisticated, yet easy to use tools including our powerful find (including regular expressions), or add shapes and callouts using the drawing tools. Collaborate with others using track changes and comments that are compatible with Microsoft Word. You can write in just about any language supported in OS X (including right to left languages) thanks to the multilingual support built into Nisus Writer Pro.
No matter what you write, from a simple letter to a sophisticated thesis, Nisus Writer Pro will allow you to create stunning documents with ease.
• Mac OS X autosave and document versioning
• multilingual support
• track changes
• drawing tools
• footnotes and endnotes
• table of contents
• cross references
• mail merge
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import and export)
- PDF (export only)
- WordPerfect (import only)
- Plain Text
- ePub (export only)
• and much more
• Fixed: the last version introduced a bug where list items may not always update with the correct formatting.
• Fixed: lang: if an inserted cross-reference is set to show the suffix "above" or "below", it should be localized based on the text's applied language attribute, not the localization of the application’s interface.
• Fixed: macros that rely upon English menu titles should not fail when using a non-English localization.
• Fixed: imported DOC/DOCX documents could unnecessarily trigger a warning when comments were zero length.
• Updated the macros "Find in All Open Documents" and "Replace in All Open Documents" to be more user friendly.
• Changed: lang: adjusted translation for "above" and "below" in German and French.
• Fixed: saving a PDF to any other hard drive except the startup drive can fail to add links and other special data.
• Changed: images: attempt to fix problems with linked images not updating correctly when stored on a separate hard drive.
• Fixed: images: double-clicking a linked image lacking sandbox permissions should trigger an alert that lets the user fix it.
• Added: macros: added the properties "activeTocStyleName" and "activeTextIndexStyleName" to the Document object.
• Fixed: possible crash when importing documents that have footnotes/endnotes inside table cells.
• Changed: should not attempt to import Excel files, resulting in gibberish.
• Fixed: clicking on intra-document links in unsaved documents should not prompt the user for sandbox file access.
• Changed: added our current Spanish localizer Daniel E. Josephy Hernández to the about box credits.
• Changed: clicking the about box's credits to flip through the info should stop the automatic animation.