Mac OS Productivity
When Finder is not enough...
Have you ever looked for the convenient way to share exactly the same audio file in 2 playlist, 3 albums, 4 genre collections simultaneously - all that without duplicating it? And what about photos? E-books? Scanned documents?
So there is the way. This app lets you do exactly this - associate your files with indefinitely large number of virtual collections. Simple, fast, convenient.
Look at this unique set of capabilities that is hardly provided by any existing app:
Create arbitrary virtual collections of files, sort files by different criteria.
Drag & Drop files from Finder or from built-in file browser.
Browse files immediately - it includes media player and document viewer!
If many files to be presented - they will be shown in pages.
Set operations available. Drag one group onto another and thus create intersection or union or subtraction of those two. For example, in this way you may find duplicates - create 2 groups and intersect them.
* You can browse files being grouped and sorted by size, access/creation/modification date - and more.
* Collections may include virtually unlimited amount of files.
* Paged representation allows to deal with huge amounts of files.
* For each file preview is generated immediately.
* For each file its properties are shown immediately.
* Using Quick Look technology any media file may be played immediately.
* Collections may be imported and exported - each collection may be saved on disk as text file containing file paths ; new group may be created and its contents imported from saved file.
* Groups can be searched by words in their names, descriptions or filenames
* Scripting! Use external scripts written in Applescript to give orders File Marshal
* Lightweight HEX editor!
* Simultaneous browsing of multiple directories (!)
* Extensive metadata listing available: image data from exif, video/audio data and more
* Files can be copied, moved, deleted, revealed in Terminal or Finder, executed
* Logger is available for errors reporting
Many great features are coming - stay tuned!
Looking for Q&A? It's here: https://files2016.wordpress.com/2016/01/09/file-marshal-q-a/
Follow on Twitter https://twitter.com/FileMarshal
Say something in email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please rate and share your comments!
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
* added scripting support for set operations