ShootShifter helps to redate and rename photos based on the EXIF or filesystem dates. With the preview timeline its quite easy for example to synchronize several folders of images that were taken with differing camera dates.
ShootShifter presents photos (and now movies, too) in chronological order on a graphical timeline. Date changes can then be applied with several tools to individual photos or even complete folders of images. E.g. its possible to directly enter new dates, or to simply drag the images around on the timeline, etc.
One of the cameras was set to a wrong date? The time was off? No problem!
With the new fullscreen preview and 100% loupe its possible to get a great overview over the images and to already here get rid of the least successful ones.
At the end the images can be renamed with standardized filenames using the user-configurable naming templates.
And when all dates are corrected this can still be a very useful tool to quickly present images in fullscreen mode. *I* use nothing else anymore! :-)
[new] Extended and optimized the "Rename workflow":
- Improved the renaming preview, now displaying ALL changes with old/new comparison, highlighted elements, etc. -> MUCH more useful!
- Added new element "Filename", so the new filenames can finally be based on the old names, with optional string modifications. (With the option "filename@import" this even allows you to undo ALL rename changes, if something went wrong.)
- Added features to customize file extensions (Finder visibility and case changes).
- Its now possible to use up to three "Add-on" elements per template.
- Its now possible to rename photos in "slideshow folders". (That guarantees a strictly alphabetically "source order", e.g. for images with only EXIF modification dates that are disordered.)
- Removed the slightly confusing option duplication in the preferences. Now there is ONE location to configure theses features (The saving/renaming sheet).
[new] Added option to automatically import subfolders, too.
[fix] Fixed an embarrassing slideshow display issue on Retina Macs that was introduced about 2 releases ago. I never came across this in my (admittedly) quite limited Retina tests, and it was reported to me only very recently. (THANKS!)
[fix] And several smaller fixes, optimizations and tweaks.
[info] shootShifter 4.0 now requires at least Mac OS X.8!
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 16, 2014
- Jan-Sebastian Schliemann
- 3.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (8)