ShootShifter helps to redate and rename photos based on the EXIF or filesystem dates. With the preview timeline its quite easy for example to synchronize several folders of images that were taken with differing camera dates.
ShootShifter presents photos (and now movies, too) in chronological order on a graphical timeline. Date changes can then be applied with several tools to individual photos or even complete folders of images. E.g. its possible to directly enter new dates, or to simply drag the images around on the timeline, etc.
One of the cameras was set to a wrong date? The time was off? No problem!
With the new fullscreen preview and 100% loupe its possible to get a great overview over the images and to already here get rid of the least successful ones.
At the end the images can be renamed with standardized filenames using the user-configurable naming templates.
And when all dates are corrected this can still be a very useful tool to quickly present images in fullscreen mode. *I* use nothing else anymore! :-)
[new] Added more (EXIF) details to the info popover and the slideshow info layer.
[new] Added option to enlarge the info popover for increased readability (with different settings for window and full screen mode).
[new] Improved the "keeper" markers with new "hidden" features. Please feed back if this is of general interest and should be expanded further (and how?):
Keepers can now be saved using finder labels. Default is 6 (=> "Red") and can be changed with "keepersSyncLabelValue" in the prefs plist for now:
- Save: Hold k-key and double click a folder with keepers -> If possible the file is tagged with the label and the keeper marker is removed (ready to close the app).
- Save current keepers, remove others: Hold additional alt-key -> Like above, + labels are removed from files without keeper markers.
- Restore: Hold k-key and double click a folder without keepers -> Keeper markers are set for files tagged with the finder label.
- Just multiselect: Hold k-key and triple click a folder without keepers -> All files tagged with the label are selected, but no persistent restoration of keeper markers (clears the view for slideshows).
- Import keepers only: Hold k + shift on import -> Only tagged files are imported as a slideshow folder.
[new] Added shortcut: Hold d-key on import to temporarily enable the "fix differing Filesystem Dates"-option.
Other shortcut change in the process: Holding (just) shift on import enables slideshow-only quick import, too
[change] Improved the way date changes are displayed on the info popover and below the larger previews.
[change] By holding ctrl+alt+cmd it is and was possible to save the current folder with the save-button, even with no "real" changes, to benefit from the date modification options set in the preferences. Doing this with the info popover visible will now display a modification preview while the keys are down.
[fix] Improved maker and model parsing for some cameras. (This can necessitate a reset of camera-specific preview options.)
[fix] Updated XMP support for the "Transfer EXIF Date changes to existing XMP Data" option: Fixed a specific date format that was not recognized correctly and therefore not changed.
[fix] Fixed possible display issues when leaving full screen mode with the info popover visible.
[fix] Fixed possible redraw issue concerning thumbnail highlight dots.
[fix] Fixed possible issue with the loupe shadow.
[fix] A few more minor tweaks and optimizations.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 20, 2013
- Jan-Sebastian Schliemann
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (5)
- 3.2 MB