LiveQuartz Photo Edit
◆ FREE UPGRADES - RETINA DISPLAY AND MOUNTAIN LION SUPPORT ◆
A simple and powerful photo editor for the Mac.
It is based on non destructive layers and filters. The layers are at the left and the filters are at the right of the window. To edit a photo, just drag it into the window (or layers’ list) and it will be added as a new layer. LiveQuartz supports Gestures (Multi-Touch) and fully supports Retina Display.
“This is a great app been using it long before the new interface and it keeps getting better…..for a smooth work flow choose Live Quartz…….” - JQdaproducer (2.1.1)
“I enjoy Mac style Apps because they make artistic sense to me. I like to have as little math, tangent calculations, and non creative tasks involved when I am creating artwork and graphic design projects. With LiveQuartz, pencils act like pencils, and brushes brush. Actions are smooth and simple as putting a pen to paper. The layers behave magically and the various composites and photo effects are fluid and intuitive. Each time I use this program, I find new tools and combinations that help add to the fun of creating. Great program.” - Phil Seymour (2.0.3)
• Top 5 in France, Photo
• "Layer moving tool"
• "Duplication tool"
• "Drawing tools" (lines, rectangles, rounded corners rectangles, ovals)
• "Eraser tool"
• "Background eraser tool"
• "Gradient tools"
• "Rich Text tool"
• "Filter effect tool"
• "Selection tool"
• "Magnifying glass"
• rhif (native non destructive format), pdf, png, jpeg, jpeg2000, tiff, tga, gif, bmp, OpenEXR
• Read only :
raw, photoshop (merged layers), icns, sgi, Windows ico, Windows cursor, FlashPix, MacPaint, QuickTime Import Format, Radiance, XWindow bitmap
Standard Core Image Filters + Shadow filter + "Flip" geometry filter (more than 110 filters available)
• Fixes Drag & Drop image on layers bug
• Fix a rare crash when opening native files
• New actions available in layers' contextual menu : 'cut', 'copy' and 'crop'.
• 'Crop' a layer is new in LiveQuartz. Before, only cropping a selection on all the document was possible. Now, you can crop image layers individually or by group. To be able to crop, you must select a rectangle with the selection tool and right clic or ctrl-click on the layer or the selected layers. Note that, as this action removes pixels that are outside the crop rectangle, this could be a technique to reduce memory usage and 'rhif' file size.
• Drag and drop of filters to copy them to another layer of the same document or to another layer (or filters) of another document. So now, you can easily reuse your best filters by keeping all there custom parameters.
• New lighter User Interface when entering "Versions" history on Mountain Lion
• Limits on Layer name, image size, layer size and layer positions removed to avoid confusing errors with AutoSaving
• Major Bug fixed when opening LiveQuartz 1 files
• Cleaner way to handle migrations to version 2 when opening LiveQuartz 1 files. In LiveQuartz 2.0.x, files were moved into the sandbox. Now in LiveQuartz 2.1, a backup of the original file is put into LiveQuartz's sandbox but the migrated file (the one we use) does not move.
• More robust handling of errors when opening files
• Refresh bugs fixed when canceling or redoing actions on filters
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 23, 2013
- Romain Piveteau
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (127)
- 5.4 MB