ReadKit is a full-featured read later and RSS client that supports services from Instapaper, Pocket, Readability, Pinboard, Delicious, Fever and NewsBlur and has built-in RSS capabilities.
"A solid piece of software for those who have been looking for a desktop version of their favorite read later service" — MacStories
"Quite simply the best way to read your saved Instapaper, Pocket, and Readability links on a Mac" — Mac.AppStorm
"If you're an avid bookmarker who uses multiple services, or you're just looking for a solid desktop app for Readability and Instapaper, ReadKit does the job" — Lifehacker
Have all your Instapaper, Pocket, Readability, Pinboard, Delicious articles and Fever or NewsBlur RSS feeds in one convenient place even when you're offline. ReadKit has a built-in RSS engine too. This is an offline reader without syncing abilities. Subscribe either to RSS or Atom feeds, create and manage folders and import your existing subscriptions via OPML.
ReadKit supports services from Pinboard and Delicious. Browse and manage your Pinboard and Delicious bookmarks with ReadKit. In addition, you can download and store the contents of these bookmarks locally.
Choose the layout, formatting and style you prefer for reading, with the ability to move, add, archive and even mark your bookmarks as favorites. The interface is simple providing a straight forward reading experience without making any compromises.
• Read later services: Instapaper, Pocket and Readability
• Bookmark services: Pinboard and Delicious
• Feed services: Fever, NewsBlur and built-in RSS engine
• Offline reading
• Simple views with focus on the content
• Customizable interface: font style, face, alignment, height, line spacing and page width
• Change between original and stripped down content with a click
• Built-in browser view for viewing inline links and other references
• The browser is capable to save links for offline viewing
• Preference to open links either in ReadKit or in your default browser
• Add, remove, move, archive and mark bookmarks as favorites
• Customizable smart folders
• Full support for Pocket, Readability, Pinboard and Delicious tags
• Focus mode: reading without interface elements
• OS X Notification Center support
• Share bookmarks via Twitter, Facebook, Email, iMessage or Evernote
• Full support for high resolution Retina displays
• Preference to display unread items in the dock
• OPML import
Instapaper, Pinboard and NewsBlur users will need to have a premium subscription to use their account with ReadKit or any other 3rd party application. Bookmark managing only works while the internet connection is active.
We would like to hear from you. If you have any questions or concerns regarding to our software, don't hesitate to contact us via email (email@example.com), Twitter (@readkit) or visit our homepage at http://readkitapp.com
ReadKit 2.0.1 is a minor update which resolves several issues:
• Added "Mark all as read"
• Fixed issues when fetching feeds via the built-in RSS engine
• Fixed issues when importing subscriptions from OPML
• Fixed issues when archiving or deleting multiple items at once
• Fixed Evernote sharing when the Evernote Helper is running in the background
• Improved fetching unread items from NewsBlur
• Added preference to "Open links in background"
• Added preference to "Refresh on Fever server before sync"
• "Mark selected feed items as read" option checked by default
CHANGES IN 2.0.0:
• New services: Fever, NewsBlur and built-in RSS
• Smart folders with live update
• Notification center integration
• Preference to save and restore reading positions
• Preference to cache images locally for all read later services
• Preference to confirm deletion of bookmarks
• Improved sync performance
• Several other improvements and fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 07, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (59)
- 3.3 MB