This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Music
The best BPM tapper for the Mac.
Work your way through your entire iTunes music library with astonishing speed, or tap out songs as they come up with minimal disruption to your workflow.
Let Turnover help generate playlists in specific BPM ranges for fixed-tempo workouts, including 180 steps-per-minute playlists for efficient running.
FAST AND EFFICIENT
- Full-featured iTunes controller.
- Work through playlists without ever switching to iTunes.
- Tap, save, jump well into the next track, and keep on tapping. It's that simple.
Turnover allows you to tap out the BPM for entire playlists with nothing more than continuous taps of the Return key. And rather than having to wait for each new track to get going, Turnover can automatically jump ahead so you can continue tapping without interruption.
TAP AS NEEDED
- Supports notifications when the currently playing song has a missing or unconfirmed BPM.
- Global hotkey to activate Turnover.
Once notified, hit your global hotkey, tap out the BPM, and let Turnover bring you right back whence you came. A few brief taps and you'll be right back at the task at hand.
- Optionally ignore BPM values guesstimated by beat analysis software.
- Rules to manage playlists.
- Various notification mechanisms, including Growl.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts for mouse-free operation.
- Immediate detection of tapping errors, never a need to wait or "reset" tapping.
- Built-in metronome, allowing for the fine adjustment of BPM playback
- Several musical instrument “tap” sounds to choose from.
TURNOVER… UH, WHAT'S THAT?
An avid runner, the author of this software needed a tool to help build playlists in the 180 BPM range, a cadence, or rate of turnover, deemed most efficient for running. With thousands of songs to contend with, and existing BPM tappers not quite up to the challenge, this project was born. So if you're looking to "improve your turnover", this is the perfect tool to help you build the necessary playlists.
- Support for adjusting ratings by dragging
- Improved support for Retina displays
- Fixed several UI glitches
- Removed Growl support
- Fixed incompatibility with certain iTunes versions