This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Music
Logic Pro 9 is a complete set of creative tools for any musician who wants to write, record, edit, and mix music. It comes with a massive collection of instruments, effects, and Apple Loops, making it easy to get amazing sounds and create amazing-sounding songs.
Made for musicians
• Get up and rolling fast with production-ready templates and one-step track setup
• Work fast with easy access to all tools and editing areas using a single-window interface
• Enhance your songs with over 15,000 Apple Loops in a wide range of instruments and genres
Plug-ins & sounds
• 40 built-in instruments including synths, vintage keyboards, a drum machine, sampler, and more
• 80 effects including reverbs, delays, EQs, dynamics, amps, stompboxes, and more
• Over 1700 sampled instruments for a rich variety of acoustic and electronic sounds
• 4500 professionally crafted settings to fuel your creativity
The ideal writing studio
• Always find the audio files and sounds you need using integrated content browsers
• Create your own sampler instruments instantly from any audio in your project
• Produce lead sheets or fully ornamented scores using a comprehensive set of notation tools
• Make composing a movie score easier than ever with advanced music-for-picture features
The ultimate way to record
• Record and seamlessly punch in and out of one or multiple tracks
• Keep takes and overdubs organized and easy to manage with take folders
• Document important details from musicians to microphones with Project and Track notes
• Use Beat Mapping to record without a click track and then conform to bars and beats later
Powerful tools for creative editing
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time features
• Build comps by selecting the best parts of each take using Quick Swipe Comping
• Correct the timing of audio recordings as easily as you do with MIDI using Audio Quantize
• Quickly render effects for a single region or an entire track using Bounce-in-Place
• Replace or double less-than-perfect drum tracks with just a few clicks using Drum Replacer
• Easily transfer setups and track content between projects using Selective Track Import
• Quickly apply fades and crossfades using region-based Click Zones
• Varispeed makes it simple to slow down or speed up an entire multitrack project
• Create huge projects using up to 255 audio, software instrument, and auxiliary channels
• Get creative with up to 15 plug-in inserts and 8 sends per channel
• Record automation for any channel strip or plug-in parameter on the fly
• Graphically view and edit automation for one or multiple parameters simultaneously
• Record, edit, and mix your projects in full surround, with up to 7.1 channels
• Use up to 32 Track Groups to more easily control multiple drum, vocal, or other related tracks
• Open GarageBand projects directly in Logic Pro
• Expand your instrument and effects library with any Audio Units compatible plug-in
• Use ReWire enabled applications like Reason and Live with Logic Pro
• Choose the audio interface that’s best for you, using any OS X Core Audio device
• Integrated third-party control surface support provides many options for hands-on control
• 64-bit support facilitates more RAM access for big projects and massive sampler instruments
• Multicore audio engine automatically distributes processing across all cores in your Mac
• Freeze Tracks temporarily renders tracks to free processing power for more new tracks
System Requirements: 2GB of RAM (4GB recommended), display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher, minimum 6GB of disk space. 19GB of optional content available via in-app download.
Features the original Logic project for the song "Helena Beat" by Foster the People.
This update addresses overall stability and performance issues including:
• Fixes an issue that caused an AirPlay dialog to repeatedly appear.
• Resolves performance issues when using plug-ins that provide frequent graphic feedback.
• Additional content downloads now behave correctly when installing on Lion and Mountain Lion.
This update is recommended for all users of Logic Pro 9.