This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Music
GarageBand ’11 turns the Mac into a complete recording studio and offers fun new features that help you create even better sounding songs. Use Flex Time to quickly fix timing mistakes and Groove Matching to make multiple instruments play together seamlessly. Or plug in an electric guitar and play through realistic, inspiring new guitar amps and stompbox effects. GarageBand ’11 also has 22 new Learn to Play lessons in the most popular musical genres, and a exciting new feature called “How Did I Play?” that lets you practice along with any lesson while receiving real-time feedback – showing you where you made mistakes and tracking your improvement over time.
• Quickly change the timing of your audio recordings
• Fix occasional timing mistakes or make creative changes to how a part was performed
• Innovative UI – just click and drag the waveform to change the timing
• Align the timing and rhythm of all your tracks with a single click
• Select a Groove Track, GarageBand analyzes its rhythm and instantly matches all other tracks
More guitar amps and stompbox effects
• Seven new guitar amps for a total of 12
• Modeled after the most revered gear in the world – from clean sounds to heavy distortion
• Five new stompbox effects, for a total of 15
• Mix Amps with stompboxes and find thousands of ways to rock
New Basic Lessons for piano and guitar
• 22 new Basic Lessons for piano and guitar (40 in total)
• Full screen, interactive video lessons with an Apple instructor to guide you
• Synchronized notation with animated onscreen instrument
• Built-in glossary to reference tuning for your guitar, reading music, and more
• Artist Lessons show you how to play a hit song taught by the artist who made it famous*
• The GarageBand Lesson Store lets you browse, purchase and download Artist Lessons*
“How Did I Play?”
• Play along with any GarageBand Lesson and get feedback on how accurately you’ve played
• Progress bar provides overview of your performance, and you can track progress over time
• Two-page notation to play along with sheet music or review your mistakes
• Chord Trainer to teach you how to play the most common chords, with real-time feedback
* GarageBand Artist Lessons are sold separately and are available directly through the GarageBand Lesson Store in select countries.
GarageBand Learn to Play requires an Intel-based Mac with a dual-core processor or better.
24-bit recording in GarageBand requires a Mac OS X-compatible audio interface with support for 24-bit audio. Some features and third-party services require Internet access and/or MobileMe; additional fees and terms apply.
This update supports general compatibility and addresses overall stability and performance, including the following:
• Updates compatibility with GarageBand for iOS projects
• Fixes a playback issue with the GarageBand Lesson preview videos
• Corrects issues with some software instruments triggering incorrect or stuck notes