This app was removed from the App Store.
Capo 3 - Slow down and detect chords in your music
Mac OS Music
Apple Design Award Winner
Capo is THE practice app for guitarists. It is a revolutionary tool for musicians who want to get better at playing the music they love.
Capo will automatically detect and display the chords in your songs, allow you to transcribe notes and slow your music down without affecting its pitch – With all this sophisticated technology, you may feel like you have super powers while learning to play!
MODIFY MUSIC WITH CAPO:
• Use Capo’s “mastering-quality time stretching engine” to speed-up or slow-down songs without affecting pitch or song quality.
• Transpose songs and see the chords adjust automatically.
• Utilize Capo’s effects to better hear parts of the song you’re trying to learn.
PRACTICE WITH CAPO:
• Set regions for looping using Capo's built-in beat detection engine.
• Use Capo’s speed adjustment abilities when looping to help you practice a particular part of a song repeatedly until you can play it perfectly.
• Add a metronome to keep you in time during practice, or to count you in before your loops.
TRANSCRIBE WITH CAPO:
• Capo’s “Chord Intelligence" engine will automatically detect the chords in your song – giving you a head start.
• Easily edit, add or correct any chord detection results that come up short.
• Utilize Capo’s Spectrogram to add notes generating tablature of solos or other detailed parts of the song.
• Easily change the notation from guitar to bass, mandolin, ukulele or 5-string bass chords and/or modify the tuning.
• Add a ‘virtual capo’ at any fret.
• Lefties...we got you covered. Easily flip the display of the chord boxes for easier reading.
SAVE & SHARE YOUR PROJECTS WITH CAPO:
• Save your pitch and speed settings, as well as your region, chord, and note entries, in self-contained Projects so the next time you want to practice you can pick up where you left off learning.
• Share your Projects using email, AirDrop, Messages, or simply by copying a file to another Mac to collaborate with students or other band members.
• Synchronize projects via iCloud.
EXPORT YOUR WORK WITH CAPO:
• Export pitch- and speed-corrected audio for use outside Capo, as well as its chord and note entries for use in scoring or other MIDI-compatible applications.
Note: Capo 3.2 now requires OS X 10.9 Mavericks
• We added a totally new UI for changing chord entries, and it now matches the latest iOS release more closely. You can now change _all_ chords of a given type when making corrections to Capo's detection results.
• You can now export Capo's detected chords to MIDI format in addition to the note entries.
• You can now choose to display chord boxes in left-handed mode. Rock on, southpaws!
• Songs exported will have an iTunes tag.
• Capo now allows you to visit our newsletter page and sign up from the welcome screen.
• Brand-new help file! This took a lot of work to get set up for, and even more work to arrange the content within. We hope you like it!
• Added some missing Mandolin tunings: Irish Bozouki (GDAD) and Mandola (CGDA)
• Resizing regions near the very beginning and very end of the song no longer allow the region to extend beyond the song bounds
• The window size can now be extended vertically to fit the entire spectrogram
• Added some protection against a potential crash in the spectrogram calculation code
• Fixed some cases where Capo would display all 1s on the timeline
• Region undo/redo has been restored
• Dragging capo documents onto the 'Drag Here' window works once again
• Fixed a crash that occurred in certain instances when launching Capo
• Restored count-in at the start of the song
• Corrected an issue where region selection was not being updated, and a non-selected region could get deleted by accident
• Removed legacy keystrokes from the default list
• Capo should no longer mess up the spectrogram/note layout on first launch of a document until the zoom is modified
• Corrected various other crashes. Thanks for your submissions!