This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Music
★★ 2011 Apple Design Award Winner! ★★
"Capo is by far the easiest and most practical program I’ve tried for squeezing out musical knowledge from an MP3." premierguitar.com
"If you play guitar and own a Mac Capo should be considered an essential piece of software." totalapps.net
"[Capo] is a great tool for budding musicians, and is a glowing example of well-written Mac OS X software." arstechnica.com
"If you’re a guitarist, Capo is the bionic upgrade you wish you could give your ears." maclife.com
Capo is a revolutionary tool that helps you learn the music in your iTunes library. By slowing your music, and presenting a detailed spectrogram, Capo lets you hear and see your music like never before.
It's your music
• No longer do you have to rely on the musical tastes of others to learn music. Drag songs right from your music collection into capo to start learning them.
Tab it out!
• By simply drawing atop the spectrogram, Capo will generate tablature (for Guitar, 4-6 String Basses, Banjo, Ukelele, and Mandolin) automatically for you. It really doesn't get much easier than this!
Detect, and enter chords
• Figure out the chords in your music using Capo's sophisticated chord detection routines. Or, enter your own easily using strings like 'bbmaj7' or 'f#maj9'.
• Capo lets you adjust the pitch of your songs-so you can change their key or fine tune them to match your instrument.
• Use keyboard shortcuts to mark verses, choruses, bridges, and other important points in your songs so you can return to them later.
• Repeat difficult sections slowly, playing along with your favorite artist. Speed up gradually as you get better.
• Take your Capo-adjusted music with you. Export speed- and pitch-corrected audio to your iPod, and play along when and where it's most convenient.
• Capo lets you modify panning, adjust a 10-band graphic equalizer, and apply vocal reduction to help you isolate the parts of the music you wish to learn.
Note: AIFF, WAV, MP3, and unprotected AAC files (including iTunes Plus) are supported. Older iTunes purchases may not be supported. See the iTunes store for details about upgrading your music to the iTunes plus format.
• Capo's spectrogram display offset has been adjusted to more closely matches the timing of the song you're hearing while zoomed in.
• Capo no longer displays an incorrect pitch on the left of the spectrogram when a song is transposed.
• Note entries no longer play at un-transposed pitch when clicked.
• When loading an existing, transposed song into Capo, the spectrogram no longer appears at its un-transposed position.
• Capo's display now updates properly when the "Jump to Beginning" command is invoked.
• When scrolling quickly, Capo no longer clips out the display of tab entries. Tab entries are also shown immediately in all cases when a document is loaded, and no longer require the window to be resized.
• While dragging the document window, the spectrogram's position now updates more smoothly, with no more jittering.
• While dragging the playhead, it no longer appears to the left of the mouse cursor.
• Upon loading an existing song, Capo no longer shows 'dead space' beyond the end of the spectrogram before the window is first resized.
• The time display once again updates during scrubbing.
• After scrubbing the playhead, a dropped marker will no longer appear to the right of the playhead.
• The time display once again updates in response to jumping between markers.