Mac OS Graphics & Design
Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac features and technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions with ease. Once your images are ready, save them to popular image formats, share them via email or social networks, print them, or instantly add to your Photos app. All right from Pixelmator.
The new Pixelmator 3.5 Canyon is designed to cohere with OS X El Capitan’s fresh and modern look, OS X Continuity features, like Handoff and iCloud Drive support, and it works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iOS.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or re-arrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Reshape areas to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look.
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Play with over 160 breathtaking effects
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed with friendly interface features for intuitive ease of use
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer styles presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer styles presets
• Apply any of the layer styles presets with a drag and drop
• Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• Skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Editing extensions for the Photos app:
• Retouch photos with powerful Pixelmator Retouch Tools right inside the Photos app
• Reshape images with Metal-based Pixelmator Distort Tools without leaving Photos
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of OS X features and technologies like Cocoa, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the Macbook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
In this update, we’ve added a number of improvements and bug fixes, including fixes for image exports and the Color Selection, Magic Eraser, and Paint Bucket tools. The update also features stability improvements for the Pixelmator Photos extensions.
• When editing larger images using the Pixelmator Photos extensions, the image would sometimes disappear. Fixed.
• An issue with the Stroke effect meant that images which had text layers with Stroke were being exported darker. Fixed.
• The preview of the Pixelate effect would ignore any active selections and show a preview of the effect over the entire image. Now, the preview will show you exactly what you’ll get after applying the effect.
• Gradients weren’t entirely smooth and they were also slightly transparent at 100% Opacity. Fixed.
• When painting over partly transparent areas using certain Retouching tools, the transparency would be removed. Those areas will now keep their transparency.
• Pixelmator would quit unexpectedly when opening PSD files containing the Color Overlay layer style. Fixed.
• Fixed an issue that caused the app to quit unexpectedly when using the Magic Wand, Paint Bucket, or Magic Eraser on a hidden layer.
• With the Magic Wand, Paint Bucket, and Magic Eraser tools, the edge smoothing algorithm that we added in the previous Pixelmator update wasn’t working as well as it should, so we brought back the previous one for now (but we're working on making it even better).
• When using the Clouds effect, unnecessary horizontal and vertical lines would sometimes appear. Fixed.
• Zooming in the Pixelmator Photos extensions is now faster and smoother.
• The radius slider of the Gaussian Blur effect now uses pixels instead of percent.
• When dragging to export layers from the Layers palette, underscores in the name of the layer would be removed. Fixed.
• On OS X 10.9.5, Pixelmator would quit unexpectedly when exporting images that had many shape or text layers with layer styles. Fixed.