Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions amazingly simple. Once your images are ready, access them anywhere with iCloud, send them to iPhoto or Aperture, email, print, share, or save them to popular image formats–all right from Pixelmator.
And, the new Pixelmator 3.2 comes with full OS X Mavericks support, non-destructive Layer Styles, a complete set of Liquify Tools, 16-bits per channel support, and the new state-of-the-art image editing engine.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to portions of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or re-arrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Get rid of the red eye effect with just one click
• Distort or transform to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look.
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Over 160 different breathtaking effects you can play with
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
• See stunning results in real-time
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Designed with friendly interface features for intuitive ease of use
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer styles presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer styles presets
• Applying any of the layer styles presets is as simple as drag and drop
• Send your images directly to iPhoto or Aperture
• Open and save images using PSD, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly take your work to all your Macs
• You can completely skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of OS X features and technologies like Cocoa, OpenGL, OpenCL, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the Macbook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
• Migrated to OpenGL Core Profile, so that we can access all of the latest GPU features and have a more streamlined API, with more control over the rendering pipeline.
• Improved the rendering process with IOSurface technology.
Other Fixes And Improvements
• Improved the Paint Selection Tool’s performance when working on large images.
• Improved the performance of the Reflection style preview.
• Improved German localization.
• Resolved some glitches with the Clone Stamp Tool.
• All Pixelmator brushes now import correctly.
• The Smudge Tool now paints correctly when using custom brushes.
• Fixed an issue where the shadow style does not apply on a shape layer.
• Fixed an issue where the shape layer appears incorrectly when dropped into a locked group.
• The gradient style no longer loses its settings when one shape is moved into the shape composition.
• Fixed an issue where newly created shape layers are unmovable.
• You can now export a text layer from the Layers palette more than once.
• Fixed an issue where pasted layers are positioned incorrectly.
• The Paint Bucket’s and Magic Eraser’s tolerance circles now appear correctly in Full Screen mode.
• Addressed an issue where the Info bar displayed settings incorrectly.
• You can now export images in WebP format when quality is set to maximum.
• You will no longer be able to increase an image’s size to more than a maximum allowed size.
• Images imported from other apps are no longer transparent.
• Addressed an issue where a disk almost full error appears on systems with plenty of free space left.
• Fixed major memory leak issue.
Stability And Reliability
Fixes related to stability and reliability, including issues that could cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly in these situations:
• When transforming small images.
• When using the Hue effect, in some cases.
• When editing the line shape.
If you have any feedback, need help, or just want to say “Hi,” drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a shout on Twitter at @pixelmator.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 11, 2014
- Graphics & Design
- Pixelmator Team
- 34.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 5.00 (25)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (3101)