Mac OS Graphics & Design
Full-featured and powerful image editing app for the Mac.
Pixelmator takes full advantage of the latest Mac features and technologies, giving you speedy, powerful tools that let you touch up and enhance images, draw or paint, apply dazzling effects, or create advanced compositions with ease. Once your images are ready, save them to popular image formats, share them via email or social networks, print them, or instantly add them to your Photos library. All right from Pixelmator.
The new Pixelmator 3.7 Mount Whitney is designed to integrate seamlessly with macOS High Sierra’s fresh and modern look, macOS Continuity features, like Handoff and iCloud Drive, and it works wonderfully together with Pixelmator for iOS.
A powerful, pixel-accurate collection of selection tools
• Quickly and easily select any part of an image
• Edit and apply special effects to parts of your pictures
• Select and remove unwanted elements of your photos
• Cut out objects from one image to place in another
Top-notch painting tools
• Paint with Pixelmator as you would on canvas
• Use different brush sizes, shapes, hardness, and blending modes
• Adjust brush settings to get just the look you want
• Cover any area with beautiful gradients and color fills
• Correct wrinkles and repair scratches
• Make flaws vanish from your photos, remove or rearrange objects in a composition
• Blur, sharpen, lighten, or darken specific areas
• Reshape areas to subtly improve or give images a completely unexpected look
• Combine different tools and effects for an endless number of ways to refine your images
• Easily add, create, combine, and edit shapes
• Quickly add lines, circles, rectangles, polygons, and many more custom shapes
• Effortlessly apply shadows, fills, and strokes for more advanced shapes
• Create buttons, icons, web page elements, illustrations, and much more
A real effects machine
• Play with over 160 breathtaking effects
• Combine different effects for unique, near-effortless artistic creations
An elegant collection of professional-grade color correction tools
• Adjust exposure, hue, saturation, shadows and highlights, brightness, contrast, and much more
• Replace and remix colors
• Dramatically improve less-than-perfect images with one click
• Easily add non-destructive layer effects like shadows, outlines, color, gradient fills, or reflections
• Combine a set of effects to create and save your own unique layer style presets
• Or just use any of the Pixelmator Team-designed layer style presets
• Apply any of the layer style presets using drag and drop
• Launch Pixelmator directly from Photos and save edits back to the original image
• Open and save images using PSD, JPEG, PNG, HEIF, TIFF, PDF, and many other popular formats
• Open and save Photoshop images with layers
• Open and save 16-bits per channel images
iCloud, sharing, and saving for the web
• Let iCloud automatically store your edited images and seamlessly sync your work across all your Macs
• Skip manual saving of your documents thanks to Auto Save
• Email your photos right from Pixelmator
• Publish your images to social applications like Flickr, Twitter, and Facebook
• Optimize and save images for use on your web pages, blogs, photo albums, and more
Editing extensions for the Photos app:
• Retouch photos with powerful Pixelmator retouching tools right inside the Photos app
• Reshape images with Metal-based Pixelmator distort tools without leaving Photos
Built exclusively for Mac
Pixelmator uses a number of macOS features and technologies like Cocoa, Metal, Core Image, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, FaceTime camera, Automator, Full-Screen, built-in Sharing and much more. And Pixelmator’s beautiful interface and image editing engine are fully optimized for the MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Apple Design Award Winner
Best of Mac App Store 2011: App of the Year 2011
This update brings a few small improvements and bug fixes.
• It was not possible to use the Copy Layer Style and Paste Layer Style commands. Fixed.
• When printing, smaller images will no longer use the Scale to Fit Option by default.
• The last used Print dialog settings will now be remembered for individual documents.
• File > Page Setup has been unified with File > Print.
• While transforming layers, parts of the transformed layer would be temporarily left behind after resetting the changes. Fixed.
• Fixed an issue with the Soften and Sharpen tools in the Pixelmator Retouch extension for the Photos app.
• Think you’ve found a bug? Let us know at email@example.com and we’ll fix it!
Here’s what we added in Pixelmator 3.7.1:
• Export images in the modern High Efficiency Image File format to reduce their file sizes without losing visible quality.
• Use the Vignette effect to artistically fade the edges of an image.
• Fixed various issues with Pixelmator Retouch and Distort extensions for the Photos app.
• When using the Pixelmator Retouch extension, you can now adjust brush softness using the Shift-Square bracket keyboard shortcut.
• Pixelmator would sometimes quit unexpectedly when zooming or opening images. Fixed.
• Importing brushes, gradients, or layer styles would sometimes cause Pixelmator to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• When scaling selections, the Constrain Proportions checkbox will now be unselected by default.
• Fixed an issue with the layout of options in the Save dialog.
• In macOS 10.13, the Web Colors tab has disappeared from the Colors window due to sandboxing issues. There’s a way to get it back — visit the following Pixelmator Community thread for more details: http://www.pixelmator.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15799