The font editor for everyone.
Glyphs’ smart and simple approach helps you draw new fonts, modify existing fonts, and sculpt your letterforms hassle-free.
Edit text in context of words
Only necessary interface elements
Good integration in the operating system and connection to the design workflow
Plugin interface for extending the functionality
- Changed: The key combination for the interpolate nudge function has changed. Now you always have to hit Ctrl+Opt. The Ctrl key alone disables the snapping.
- Several big performance improvements (im/export, select glyph panel...).
- Support for importing .ttc files.
- The grid can be subdivided now. (font info > Other settings)
- Cleand up the supported cutom paramters. Only supported values are suggesten in the pulldown
- Support for vertical layout. This is not finished yet and has some problems (e.g. cursor movements). Support for vertical kerning and metrics.
- Improved scrolling in Font view.
- Improve automatic anchor placement for italic fonts.
- Components can be locked now to prevent accidental repositioning (from context menu).
- Improved the handling of CJK fonts. Still a lot of work to do.
- Improve error erporting on otf export
- Reduced rounding errors in exported fonts.
- Updated the QuickLook plugin.
- Improved the importing of fonts. More metadata is read.
- import kerning classes from another .glyphs file.
- the "smallCapHeight" custom parameter (Master) will be used to generate alignment zones and as xHeight for small cap glyphs.
- update localisations
Full list of changes:
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 23, 2013
- Graphics & Design
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (10)
- 8.3 MB