FitPlot free is a complete version of the application FitPlot, except for a watermark that is printed on output.
FitPlot is a simple to use, yet powerful, Mac app which makes easier the daily work with printers and plotters.
What FitPlot can do?
FitPlot extends the capabilities of your printer devices.
In FitPlot you can place, resize, rotate, duplicate, and much more, images and documents of all graphic types (tif, jpg, png, gif, psd, pdf, eps).
This is done quickly and accurately, right on the virtual paper on which you are going to print.
You can place images of the types listed above, also you can drop images or use the copy / paste directly into the FitPlot page (for example drag and drop from a browser or copy and paste elements from a graphic application).
Why to use FitPlot?
Because it is an application that is fast, practical and precise at the same time.
You can get immediately results achievable only with more expensive programs, and, unlike these, in a much more straight and intuitive way.
In addition FitPlot provides a set of specialized tools for every need:
• Quick and precise layout: of existing images / PDF or dragged / pasted images (from a browser or another graphic app), exact positioning, duplication, rotation, enlargements and reductions, aligning, batch operations and more…
• Packing / nesting of the images: you can fill images in the available space (in a sheet of given width and variable-length [roll] or in one or more sheets of fixed size).
• Merging of PDF elements: taking advantage of the transparency to white, characteristic of the PDF, you can merge, for example, a sheet of letterhead paper (PDF) with the raw text of a letter and export the resulting image in a new PDF to be sent for e-mail.
• Imposition: given a multipage PDF, you can arrange the pages on the canvas so that, after print, folding and trimming, you get a brochure fully paginated.
• Create posters of any size composing the pieces printed on single sheets, taking care of print margins and overlaps.
• Resizing scale drawings: you can translate a drawing scale into another easily. You can even determine the drawing scale just knowing one real dimension in the drawing.
• Last minute image retouch: raster images in a FitPlot document can be adjusted directly. You can adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, exposure, tinte and color space.
• Print log: FitPlot keeps a chronology (log) of print jobs it has performed. Each print is a (record) that keeps all is needed to quantify the job: page size, copies, date, inserted files, sheet coverage area.
• Lessons / examples showing the program usage are published on a dedicated YouTube channel:
• Groups: From now on it is possible to group more images in FitPlot in order to use them as a single unit when moving, resizing, rotating, packing and other operations.
• Open PDF: FitPlot is now able to "open" PDF files.
Opening a PDF in FitPlot has the same effect of inserting, that is, when you have a FitPlot doc in front and you File -> Open a PDF document, that PDF will be inserted in the current window. Whenever FitPlot has no document currently opened, an Untitled one will be opened (with the same characteristics of the last one used) and the PDF will be inserted in it.
• Send PDF to FitPlot*: thanks to the new Open PDF feature, it is now possible another property: FitPlot can be launched simply by dropping a PDF on its icon.
This property can be exploited by other applications that are normally used to produce the PDF (that we feed to FitPlot).
We can, for example, choose to send a PDF to FitPlot from the print dialog of our preferred CAD application. The produced PDF will be automatically inserted in the FitPlot document currently open (if any) or in an Untitled document with the same characteristics of the last one used.
[*] To add this feature it is required a small procedure that necessarily has to be performed from the Finder. Instructions about the procedure are available in a video or in a text starting from this link: http://fitplot.it/FitPlot%20help/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/pgs/workflowPDF.htm.
• Real bounds: Until this version, images in FitPlot had boundaries that were corresponding to the minimal rectangle containing the image itself (or its clipping, if any). Effects due to syles as trims, text tags, shadow or strokes were not at all considered.
Since now, both groups and packing functions, take into account the real bound of the image. Moreover strokes are drawn "after" the image and not "before" as in previous versions. As a result, the stroke thickness appears doubled and occupies both inner and outer of the image border.
• Fixed bugs and other optimizations: better packing: if a multipage packing fails (due to some impossible chosen settings), blank pages, generated while attempting the packing, are no longer created.
• Icon of the program renewed.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 3 days ago
- Graphics & Design
- Paolo Marcuccetti
- 11.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data