FitPlot free | print & prepress for PDF and images
FitPlot free is a complete version of the application FitPlot, except for a watermark that is printed on output.
FitPlot is a simple to use, yet powerful, Mac app for layout and prepress which makes easier the daily work with printers and plotters.
What FitPlot can do?
FitPlot extends the capabilities of your printer devices.
In FitPlot you can place, resize, rotate, duplicate, and much more, images and documents of all graphic types (tif, jpg, png, gif, psd, pdf, eps).
This is done quickly and accurately, right on the virtual paper on which you are going to print.
You can place images of the types listed above, also you can drop images or use the copy / paste directly into the FitPlot page (for example drag and drop from a browser or copy and paste elements from a graphic application).
Why to use FitPlot?
Because it is an application that is fast, practical and precise at the same time.
You can get immediately results achievable only with more expensive programs, and, unlike these, in a much more straight and intuitive way.
In addition FitPlot provides a set of specialized tools for every need:
• Quick and precise layout: of existing images / PDF or dragged / pasted images (from a browser or another graphic app), exact positioning, duplication, rotation, enlargements and reductions, aligning, batch operations and more…
• Packing / nesting of the images: you can fill images in the available space (in a sheet of given width and variable-length [roll] or in one or more sheets of fixed size).
• Merging of PDF elements: taking advantage of the transparency to white, characteristic of the PDF, you can merge, for example, a sheet of letterhead paper (PDF) with the raw text of a letter and export the resulting image in a new PDF to be sent for e-mail.
• Imposition: given a multipage PDF, you can arrange the pages on the canvas so that, after print, folding and trimming, you get a brochure fully paginated.
• Create posters of any size composing the pieces printed on single sheets, taking care of print margins and overlaps.
• Resizing scale drawings: you can translate a drawing scale into another easily. You can even determine the drawing scale just knowing one real dimension in the drawing.
• Last minute image retouch: raster images in a FitPlot document can be adjusted directly. You can adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, exposure, tinte and color space.
• Print log: FitPlot keeps a chronology (log) of print jobs it has performed. Each print is a (record) that keeps all is needed to quantify the job: page size, copies, date, inserted files, sheet coverage area.
• Lessons / examples showing the program usage are published on a dedicated YouTube channel:
Many novelties in this version. Thanks to the users (FrankBaz, MarkdotT, Shibli313) that suggest me some features I am sure all the FitPlot community will like.
• Imposition: Added the option "reverse page order". In some languages the binding is on the right side of the book and to successfully print a book you will have to create your imposition in reverse order.
• Imposition: 2 Up Saddle Stitch has now the option to group the imposition in booklets. In this way it is possible to subdivide the multipage PDF in parts (booklets) with a fixed number of pages (from 4 to 32 pages, steps of 4). There is still the option to make a single booklet composed of all the PDF pages.
• Movable trim marks: trim's signs are no more limited to the image border, now they can be traslated inside or outside of a custom distance value.
Just set the trim marks ON (for the selected image) using the style pop-up, then expand the info panel to reveal the trim offset field. Here you can type a value in the current unit of measure. Positive values will move trims outside, negative values let slide the trims on the border, toward the center of the image.
• Import Settings from…: it is possible to change the document settings (page size, page margins and ranges, packing preferences and other settings) with a simple click (menu File->Import Settings from…), getting the new ones either from a saved model (in the templates folder) than from an existing file.
In this way it is easy, for example, set, if necessary, the current document from A2 to A1 page size. It is sufficient to have pre-organized the template folder with the set of preferred page sizes or to have a saved FitPlot document that you know to have the page size you need.
• About panel: renewed. The push button driving to the App Store (inviting to review) is more evident. Added a push button to leave suggestions and feedback, see point below.
• Feedback: added menu Help->feedback… that open the browser to the feedback page specially created to get a space of discussion with the FitPlot community.
• Improvements and bugs fixing: particularly interested sections are Undo management, trim marks not drawed in printing, preference recording, imposition folio gap.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 08, 2014
- Graphics & Design
- Paolo Marcuccetti
- 10.9 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data