FitPlot is a simple to use, yet powerful, Mac app which makes easier the daily work with printers and plotters.
What FitPlot can do?
FitPlot extends the capabilities of your printer devices.
In FitPlot you can place, resize, rotate, duplicate, and much more, images and documents of all graphic types (tif, jpg, png, gif, psd, pdf, eps).
This is done quickly and accurately, right on the virtual paper on which you are going to print.
You can place images of the types listed above, also you can drop images or use the copy / paste directly into the FitPlot page (for example drag and drop from a browser or copy and paste elements from a graphic application).
Why to use FitPlot?
Because it is an application that is fast, practical and precise at the same time.
You can get immediately results achievable only with more expensive programs, and, unlike these, in a much more straight and intuitive way.
In addition FitPlot provides a set of specialized tools for every need:
• Quick and precise layout: of existing images / PDF or dragged / pasted images (from a browser or another graphic app), exact positioning, duplication, rotation, enlargements and reductions, aligning, batch operations and more…
• Packing / nesting of the images: you can fill images in the available space (in a sheet of given width and variable-length [roll] or in one or more sheets of fixed size).
• Merging of PDF elements: taking advantage of the transparency to white, characteristic of the PDF, you can merge, for example, a sheet of letterhead paper (PDF) with the raw text of a letter and export the resulting image in a new PDF to be sent for e-mail.
• Imposition: given a multipage PDF, you can arrange the pages on the canvas so that, after print, folding and trimming, you get a brochure fully paginated.
• Create posters of any size composing the pieces printed on single sheets, taking care of print margins and overlaps.
• Resizing scale drawings: you can translate a drawing scale into another easily. You can even determine the drawing scale just knowing one real dimension in the drawing.
• Last minute image retouch: raster images in a FitPlot document can be adjusted directly. You can adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, exposure, tinte and color space.
• Print log: FitPlot keeps a chronology (log) of print jobs it has performed. Each print is a (record) that keeps all is needed to quantify the job: page size, copies, date, inserted files, sheet coverage area.
• Lessons / examples showing the program usage are published on a dedicated YouTube channel:
This is a fixing update!
• Mac OS X 10.9 ready: the app has been compiled and tested for the new system, still remaining fully compatible with older ones (minimum 10.7.3)
• Now you are able to edit document and images names in the Log panel
• It is even possible, in the log panel, to delete a record selecting the row and clicking the delete key (backspace)
• Automatic job name recording when printing untitled documents (if the FitPlot document that is printed contains one image only, the image name is assigned to the job in the log record). The printing of untitled files, with more than one image inserted, will prompt a dialog to input the name to assign to that job in the log file
• Added the menu item Show… templates folder to easily reach the folder where your models are saved by default in the Finder
• Fixed the misbehavior in the items list panel
• Fixed occasional crash after saving a template
• Added an alert that appears in case FitPlot is trying to open the log file saved in a shared disk that is not reachable
• Other minor bug fixed
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 26, 2013
- Graphics & Design
- Paolo Marcuccetti
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 8.6 MB