FitPlot layout & print of PDF and images
Mac OS Graphics & Design
FitPlot is a simple to use, yet powerful, Mac app for layout and prepress which makes easier the daily work with printers and plotters.
What FitPlot can do?
FitPlot extends the capabilities of your printer devices.
In FitPlot you can place, resize, rotate, duplicate, and much more, images and documents of all graphic types (tif, jpg, png, gif, psd, pdf, eps).
This is done quickly and accurately, right on the virtual paper on which you are going to print.
You can place images of the types listed above, also you can drop images or use the copy / paste directly into the FitPlot page (for example drag and drop from a browser or copy and paste elements from a graphic application).
Why to use FitPlot?
Because it is an application that is fast, practical and precise at the same time.
You can get immediately results achievable only with more expensive programs, and, unlike these, in a much more straight and intuitive way.
In addition FitPlot provides a set of specialized tools for every need:
• Quick and precise layout: of existing images / PDF or dragged / pasted images (from a browser or another graphic app), exact positioning, duplication, rotation, enlargements and reductions, aligning, batch operations and more…
• Packing / nesting of the images: you can fill images in the available space (in a sheet of given width and variable-length [roll] or in one or more sheets of fixed size).
• Merging of PDF elements: taking advantage of the transparency to white, characteristic of the PDF, you can merge, for example, a sheet of letterhead paper (PDF) with the raw text of a letter and export the resulting image in a new PDF to be sent for e-mail.
• Imposition: given a multipage PDF, you can arrange the pages on the canvas so that, after print, folding and trimming, you get a brochure fully paginated.
• Business Cards Imposition: you can easily impose a large number of business cards (or similar jobs) in a prepress layout, automatically composing front / back for you.
• One-click resize of images to standard sizes.
• Create posters of any size composing the pieces printed on single sheets, taking care of print margins and overlaps.
• Resizing scale drawings: you can translate a drawing scale into another easily. You can even determine the drawing scale just knowing one real dimension in the drawing.
• Last minute image retouch: raster images in a FitPlot document can be adjusted directly. You can adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, exposure, tinte and color space.
• Print log: FitPlot keeps a chronology (log) of print jobs it has performed. Each print is a (record) that keeps all is needed to quantify the job: page size, copies, date, inserted files, sheet coverage area.
• Color management: FitPlot gives you the control in the color flow chain that starts with the camera / scanner and concludes with the final print, including your display device in between.
• Lessons / examples showing the program usage are published on a dedicated YouTube channel:
This version fixes a major problem encountered with PDF. I apologize to all users who have encountered this problem.
I invite anyone to submit problems, criticisms and suggestions using the form on the site for a prompt and effective collaboration, in order to make FitPlot even better.
New in 6.0.1 version:
1. New color management panel: FitPlot gives you more control in the color flow chain that starts with the camera / scanner and concludes with the final print, including your display device in between.
2. Adjust Image panel revised:
• Histogram image in place of the color space pop-up that is now outdated by the new color management.
• New effects filter (color lookup table) in the image adjust panel, to give a touch of style to your RGB images. A page with samples of the 35 effects is available on the FitPlot official website.
3. Export Single Image: with this command it is possible to export the selected image, saving it as TIF. The saved image will reflect both the current image adjust settings (brightness, saturation, contrast, exposure, tinte, CLUT effect) and the color space currently in use (according to settings in the color management panel).
4. Crop spaces dialog: allows to change side crop spaces on all selected images at once.
5. New set of icons in the toolbar, fully refurbished for the retina displays [Icons made or inspired by Freepik from www.flaticon.com ].