Mac OS Finance
iNVESTaCALC is an easy to use yet comprehensive investment calculator, or just use it to plan and manage large purchases
Five Worked Examples available from the 'Worked Examples' drop down menu demonstrate how easy it is to use.
It will enable you to simply:
Compare the performance of different schemes
Calculate the effect of fees on capital and savings
Compare the performance of different fee structures
Calculate the total % fees on the capital, and cash fees on the capital during the scheme term
Calculate saving targets and shortfalls
Calculate the effect of a lump sum saving and/or withdrawal
Calculate the effect of withdrawals on capital and savings
See the effect of a possible change to the % Return on Investment
See the trade off between initial savings and initial capital to meet the required final capital for a range of % Returns on Investment
Goal-Seek a variable needed to meet required Final Capital, such as Initial Capital, Initial Regular Savings/interval, % Investment Return/year, % Yearly Fee, and Cash Fee on Capital
Visualise your total income streams on a monthly and yearly basis
Save your input data and analysis results to your hard drive, or iCloud Drive, or print the Data and Graph as needed or save it as a PDF file
iNVESTaCALC has thee analysis windows plus an App Help Notes window and Worked Examples window.
1. The Analysis (1) default window allows you to enter scheme details such as:
- Initial capital
- Term in months
- % Return on Investment
- ± change to the % Return on Investment
- Fees on capital and savings
- Regular savings and withdrawals
- Single lump sum saving at any time
- Single lump sum withdrawal at any time
Warning panes will guide you through the data entry if you have a problem.
The output data gives you a comprehensive insight to the scheme's performance and total fees applied, together with a graph of the Final Capital over time and if desired plots of the impact of ± change to the annual interest rate on the Final Capital.
2. The Analysis (2) Goal-Seek window, accessed from the Analysis (1) window or the App tool bar Window drop-down menu, is similar to the Analysis (1) window but has the added capability of a Goal-Seek section where you can enter the required Final Capital and calculate the Initial Capital, Savings, % Return on Investment, % Yearly Fees, and Cash Fee on Capital needed to achieve it.
If the Goal-Seek function is activated the output analysis can be viewed in 3 graphs, by clicking on 'Choose Graph' button, giving a simple and clear insight to the possible options to meet your future needs. You can also simply obtain the value from any point along the graph.
3. The Cash Flow window, used in conjunction with Analysis(1) & (2), provides a clear view of the relationship between total income streams and investment performance.
4. The App Help Notes, accessed from either Analysis window or the App tool bar Window drop-down menu, provides an easy to follow description and advice on how to use the App.
5. Worked Examples accessed from the App tool bar Worked Examples drop-down menu take you through the data entry and results of different scenarios to help you quickly realise how easy it is to use and the flexibility the App offers.
6. The input and output data from either window can be saved to your hard drive or iCloud Drive using a standard 'Save As' panel by clicking on 'Save As' located at the top right of each Analysis window. or printed by clicking on the 'Print' button.
7. It is easy to print out your data by clicking on the 'Print Data' button at the top right of each window, a standard Print Drop Down menu will appear. The Print Drop Down menu allows you to either print the data, or email, or text, or save the data to file in PDF format as needed.
8. Add a note to each output page
iNVESTaCALC is easy to use and gives you the flexibility and insight to make better choices, and fine tune your investment strategy.
Corrected minor issue in Cash Flow window 'Plot Output Data' for the 'Total Income for Month' when the 'Required total monthly income month' is < than 'Earned Income Stop month'. The minor issue was inadvertantly caused by the previous upgrade.