Xcode provides everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, and iPad. Xcode has unified user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging all within a single window. The Xcode IDE analyzes the details of your project to identify mistakes in both syntax and logic, it can even help fix your code for you.
Xcode includes the Xcode IDE, LLVM compiler, Instruments, iOS Simulator, the latest OS X and iOS SDKs, and hundreds of powerful features:
Innovative tools to help you create great apps
• Interface Builder is fully integrated as a design canvas within the Xcode IDE
• The Assistant shows files related to what you're editing, such as the header, superclass, or a UI preview
• The Version editor shows a live source code comparison through Git or Subversion history
• Live Issues display errors as you type, and Fix-it can correct the mistakes for you
Streamlined interface that is faster and easier to use
• Design your interface side by side with the backing source code
• Create connections from your GUI design directly to the related source code
• Schemes let you customize exactly how your app will build, run, profile, and deploy
• Quick Look variables while debugging to visualize colors, bezier paths, and images
Professional editor keeps you focused on your code
• Click the Jump Bar at the top of the editor to instantly go to another file
• Hit a few keys and Open Quickly will open any file within your project
• View message bubbles to see errors, warnings, and other issues right beside the code
Embedded Apple LLVM technology finds and fixes bugs for you
• Analyzer travels countless code paths looking for logical errors before they become bugs
• Live Issues underlines coding mistakes as you type with no need to build first
• Fix-it can confidently correct mistakes for you with just a keystroke
Test driven development made simple
• Use the Test Navigator to add, edit, or run tests with just a click
• Test Assistant makes it easy to edit your code and related tests, side-by-side
• Create continuous integration bots for OS X Server 3.0 to automatically build and test your apps.
Instruments for visual performance analysis
• Compare CPU, disk, memory, and OpenGL performance as graphical tracks over time
• Identify performance bottlenecks, then dive deep into the code to uncover the cause
• Monitor your app directly, or sample the entire system, with very little overhead
To test or deploy applications on an iOS device you must be a member of Apple's iOS Developer Program. To submit your Mac or iOS apps to the App Store you must be a member of the Mac or iOS Developer Program. Continuous integration features require OS X Server 3.0 on Mavericks. Some features may require Internet access.
Includes SDKs for OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and iOS 7.1.
• Fixes an issue that would reposition the Interface Builder canvas unexpectedly.
• Improves the reliability of Quick Look within the debugger.
• Fixes an issue where test cases would report as failed when in fact they had passed.
• Fixes a rare code generation issue in the LLVM compiler.
• Includes additional bug fixes and stability improvements.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 10, 2014
- Developer Tools
- 2075.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (160)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (2888)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• AirPort Utility
• Apple Configurator
• Apple Remote Desktop
• Apple Store
• Apple Store for iPad
• Final Cut Pro
• Find My Friends
• Find My iPhone
• Logic Pro X
• Logic Remote
• MainStage 3
• OS X Mavericks
• OS X Server
• iBooks Author
• iTunes Connect
• iTunes Movie Trailers
• iTunes U