Do away with the "save ➔ switch to browser ➔ refresh" cyle.
CodeWatcher is a simple developer WebBrowser that automatically reloads its contents whenever a file in the base directory changes. It is the perfect tool if you are building Websites. Just give it a local html file to display and it will scan the folder for changes and reload appropriately.
CodeWatcher realizes whenever you save or rename or delete a file in your project directory, be it CSS, HTML, JPG, PNG, CFG, and automatically reloads your html so you can see the results immediately – without the cumbersome switch-and-reload moniker.
- Fullscreen Browsing
- Browser window can be always on top
- Define exception folders that shouldn't trigger a reload
- Set an URL to reload instead of the local path (i.e. localhost:8080)
- Create projects for all your development sites
- Build-In FireBug Lite (Online version)
- Added a loading bar to indicate when the app is loading a new site (for slow connections).
- Fixed a bug that caused the default font to be in a different size than that of Safari.
- Fixed the bug that would cause the app to not work if the sites to be watched contained spaces or non-ascii characters.
- Fixed a typo in the menu
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 16, 2011
- Developer Tools
- Benedikt Terhechte
- 1.3 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.00 (5)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (8)