Tap Forms Organizer 5 Database
Mac OS Business
Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with iCloud Sync!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine (March, 2014) - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 23 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 23 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
• If you have a Text field with boolean type values in it, e.g. 1, 0, yes, no, y, n, true, false, etc. Tap Forms will interpret those as on or off when you switch the Field Type to Checkmark.
• Fixed a bug with Calculation fields that caused any Text type fields not to be quoted in the formula if they came after any Number type field in the formula.
• Updating a formula will no longer update the modification date of all the records.
• Fixed crash rendering group summary rows after typing in a search term.
• Fixed an issue where Checkbox and Radio Button Pick Lists wouldn’t save the selection if no value was there in the first place.
• Fix for potential crash when clicking the accessory button on the multi-column list view.
• Setting the background colour of multiple records to clear doesn’t make the record background completely black anymore.
• Fixed a bug with section headings when printed can be cut off on the left.
• You can now enter in a comma, period, or colon as a delimiter within a Number field that has the HH:MM or HH:MM:SS Number Format specified and Tap Forms will convert them all to colons. For example, 01,25 and 01.25 will both be converted to 01:25.
• You can also use commas and periods or colon characters as a delimiter within Time fields.
• Fixed a losing focus issue when typing into a Date field and tabbing to the next field.
• Fixed bug importing text properly if the field names in the CSV file had spaces after them.
• Fixed bug where command-right arrow wasn't working when you were editing a field. It was instead visiting a linked record.
• Fixed crash deleting a row from a Table field if the Table field has no name.
If you enjoy using Tap Forms and have a couple of spare minutes, please leave a review. I really appreciate every review. Each one makes a huge difference to the success and continued improvement of Tap Forms. Thanks in advance! - Brendan