Mac OS Business
OmniPlan: Project planning made painless. Free 2-week trial.
OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, control costs, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail, update a calendar with your days off, or mix and match. Accept and reject changes one-by-one or all in one go. OmniPlan provides features like Gantt charts, network diagrams, schedules, summaries, milestones, and critical path highlighting to let you manage projects that are as simple or complex as you need them to be—without the complexity.
With the free two week trial, you can try all of the features of Standard and Pro without buying anything. After the trial, you can continue to use OmniPlan to view documents for free.
STANDARD FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Network View [NEW!]: Quickly create network diagrams by connecting task nodes based on their interdependent relationships, so you can see the big picture without sweating the small stuff.
• Task View: Add groups, tasks, and milestones while defining important details in the work breakdown outline and watch OmniPlan transform the timeline of your project into a beautiful Gantt chart.
• Smart Scheduling: With two clicks, OmniPlan will analyze and schedule tasks on-the-fly for maximum efficiency, all while keeping your resource schedules and priorities in mind.
• Filtering: Hide unnecessary project details so you can focus on work that matters right now.
• Multiple Baselines: Take snapshots of your schedule, then compare them as your project progresses to make sure you're still on track.
• Split Tasks: Split up your current task and move the remaining work to the future.
• Violation Resolution: If your schedule has a logical impossibility, OmniPlan will find it and suggest the best course of action to restore order.
• Critical Path: Flip a switch to highlight tasks that have the biggest impact on your deadline.
• Exporting: OmniPlan documents can be exported as PDF, CSV, OmniOutliner, OmniGraffle, ICS, and more.
PRO FEATURES (AVAILABLE VIA IN-APP PURCHASE)
• Multi-Project Dashboard [NEW!]: Assemble a beautiful dashboard to review your projects at a glance, and see how busy or idle every team member is across all of them.
• Earned Value Analysis [NEW!]: Time is money! Measure progress at any point in the project and forecast its completion date and final cost, without having to remember all of those EVA formulas.
• Auto-Effort Estimation [NEW!]: Let OmniPlan assign your best and worst estimates to account for every scenario.
• Monte Carlo Simulation [NEW!]: Run multiple simulations in seconds to forecast milestone completion dates with varying levels of confidence.
• Microsoft Project Import/Export: Open Microsoft Project® 2013 or earlier documents directly in OmniPlan and export to Project 2013.
• HTML Reports: Generate project reports with a single click! We've created gorgeous, customizable HTML templates that are dressed to impress at your next status meeting.
• Publish & Subscribe: Sync your entire project to the Omni Sync Server or to your own WebDAV server. Make changes to your project and sync to see those from your collaborators.
• Change Tracking: Keep tabs on and review the changes you've made in your project so far. If you're syncing, use change tracking to review, browse, and then accept or reject changes task by task or en masse from your collaborators.
• AppleScript support: Create AppleScript shortcuts for complex tasks and automate the things you do over and over.
For video tutorials and other information, please visit our website!
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at email@example.com, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1 206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omniplan.
OmniPlan 3.9 for Mac introduces the Project Summary Inspector, which provides quick access to values like your project’s total duration or cost. This release also includes enhancements to OmniPlan Pro’s Dashboard feature, like the ability to customize the visible timescale, as well as a wide range of bug and crash fixes.
• Project Summary Inspector — The new Project Summary Inspector displays total project duration, effort, variance, completion %, and cost.
• Dashboard — It is now possible to change the visible timescale for a Dashboard via the View options in the toolbar. Select a preset date range, or specify a custom range.
• Dashboard — The Dashboard Project column is now resizable, allowing for longer project titles to be displayed. Hovering your cursor over a truncated project title also now reveals a tooltip with the full title.
• Dashboard — Total project effort is now included in Project Stats.
• Dashboard — The appearance of the Actual/Baseline schedule pop-up button in the Dashboard has been updated.
• Help — OmniPlan’s Help content has been updated with explanations of the new functionality included in this release. A couple instances of out of date information and typos in the Help have also been corrected.
• Inspector — Date options in Project Formats Inspector are now displayed in a more logical order.
• Printing — Page Attribute options have been slightly rearranged in the Report printing dialogue.
• Calendar View — All four corners of the Normal Hours/Extra & Off Hours controller in the Calendar View sidebar are now rounded.
• Dashboard — A tooltip with project and task assignment information now reliably appears when hovering your cursor over resource allocation bars in the Dashboard window.
• Dashboard — Resource list now opens full height after checking “Show Resources” in the Dashboard View Options.
• Document Windows — Documents opened in multiple windows now re-open to correct state after they are closed.
• Export — Fixed a bug that could cause missing date headers when exporting a project to PDF or TIFF.
• Gantt — Off Hours schedule exceptions now display when View ▸ Non-Working Time ▸ Holidays is selected in the OmniPlan menu bar.
• Leveling — Fixed a bug that could cause gaps in the project schedule when leveling in some specific scenarios.
• Localizations — “Sign Up for the Omni Newsletter” and “Intro Video” menu items are now localized.
• Microsoft Project Export — Fixed a bug in OmniPlan’s Microsoft Project export tool that could cause cost information to export incorrectly.
• Microsoft Project Import — Microsoft Project 2016 files no longer import with locked task dates.
• Microsoft Project Import — Fixed a bug that could cause milestone dates to not import correctly from Microsoft Project files.
• Monte Carlo Simulations — Monte Carlo Simulation reports now include best-case and worst-case cost values.
• Network View — Fixed a bug that could cause unnecessary connections to draw in the Network Diagram.
• Resource View — Addressed a bug that could cause icons in the Resource Type column to appear blurry on some displays.
• Task Outline — Making a change in the Inspector no longer discards pending task title edits.
• Stability — Fixed a crash that could occur when setting an end date earlier than a start date while working in Network View.
• Stability — Addressed a crash that could occur when disconnecting an external display or enabling AirPlay to an AppleTV.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support; you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1–800–315–6664 or 1–206–523–4152, or tweet @OmniPlan.
If OmniPlan empowers you, we would appreciate an App Store review. Your review will help other people find OmniPlan and make them more productive too.