This app was removed from the App Store.
Mac OS Business
Just keep your iPhone in your pocket.
DockPhone lets you make calls right from your Mac.
Speak freely via the microphone of your computer.
We developed DockPhone because we wanted to have a real phone app on the Mac.
As known from TechCrunch, LifeHacker, MacRumors, ifun and others!
To start a call, type or speak any number or a name. DockPhone lets you search in your contacts, or dial arbitrary phone numbers. Hit the Dial button and enjoy your phone call.
NOTE: Make sure you meet the requirements listed below. Otherwise DockPhone won't work for you. We have listed several troubleshooting tips on our Help site (see the links on the right). You will also find contact information to receive additional support!
Oh, and check out the beautiful Today widget you'll get with this app!
Re-dial your most recent contacts with just one click!
This app requires to have both iOS 8.1 on your iPhone and OS X Yosemite (10.10) on your Mac installed. Your devices must meet the Continuity requirements to work with this app:
- iPhone with iOS 8.1 or newer installed
- Mac with OS X Yosemite installed
- FaceTime activated with the same iCloud account on both the Mac and the iPhone
- FaceTime set as the default for calls
- Your iPhone carrier may charge for the phone calls.
We have added the following features:
– Global shortcut: You can specify a keyboard shortcut to bring DockPhone to front.
– Menu Bar Icon: You can specify if you'd like a menu bar icon, a dock icon, or both.
– Support for special characters and umlauts: é, è, ë, etc.
– Search for nicknames: You can now search for 'Mom', 'Honey', etc.
(Open the Preferences to enable/disable the new features)
– Visit weareYeah.com/DockPhone/help
We have fixed the following bugs:
– Some sudden crashes while searching for contacts
– Doubled digits with 'Enhanced Dictation' mode enabled in System Preferences
What we are currently working on:
– iOS companion app with HandOff integration and synchronized Recent Calls.
If you'd like to support us, leave a nice rating on the Mac App Store :-).
Follow @DockPhone for updates.