BusyCal: Calendar & Reminders
Mac OS Business
BusyCal 3 is the most powerful, flexible, reliable calendar app for macOS. It's packed with innovative, time-saving features including customizable views, integrated to dos, travel time, maps, natural language input, weather, moons, graphics, tags and more.
BusyCal displays your calendar in Day, Week, Month, Year and List views. What makes BusyCal unique is its ability to customize these views to more precisely meet your needs. You can choose the number of weeks shown per month, or days shown per week, and you can even customize the calendar's appearance by choosing a font face and size, calendar colors, time format and more.
INTEGRATED TO DOS
In BusyCal, To Dos are integrated into your calendar, display on the date or time they are due, and carry forward until completed. You can also display a To Do List in the sidebar. To Dos in BusyCal are compatible and sync with the Reminders app on Mac and iOS.
BusyCal's info panel enables you to quickly view and edit event details with speed and precision. The info panel can be displayed in the sidebar, as a popup or a floating window. And it's completely customizable, you can choose from a wide range of attributes to display including time zones, tags, maps, private notes, last edit time and more.
NATURAL LANGUAGE INPUT
BusyCal enables you to create events and to dos using natural language. A preview of the event details are displayed while you type as it recognizes titles, dates and times, locations and more. You can even use it to add contacts or attendees to an event, set alarms, add URLs, and to indicate the calendar to create the event on.
BusyCal allows you to block out time for walking, driving or taking mass transit to an event or location. You can set a fixed amount of travel time or determine it automatically using the integrated support for Location Services and Apple Maps. You can even receive alerts when it's time to leave as traffic conditions change.
MENU BAR APP
The BusyCal menu bar app is always running, even when the main BusyCal app is not running, so you always have access to your schedule. It displays a mini-month, a scrolling list of your events and to dos, and the weather forecast. You can click on an event to view its details, and create new events and to dos using natural language.
BusyCal's Smart Filters are a powerful tool for managing your calendar. Smart Filters can be accessed with a keyboard shortcut or a button on the toolbar to display calendar sets (showing/hiding multiple calendars), perform saved searches (events that contain 'Joe'), apply view settings (an 8-week month view) and much more.
BusyCal displays alarms in a movable, resizable floating window that offers the ability to snooze an alarm for any number of minutes from now or before the start of an event, or snooze multiple alarms at once. And BusyCal Alarms trigger even when the main BusyCal app isn't running, so you'll never miss an important appointment.
WEATHER & MOONS
BusyCal displays a live 10-day weather forecast, phases of the moon, and sunrise and sunset times.
BusyCal lets you add graphics to your calendar to highlight holidays and special events. You can choose from the built-in Emoji and IconFinder images, or drag images from your desktop or web.
BusyCal integrates with its sister app, BusyContacts, forming a flexible easy-to-use CRM solution. By adding contacts to events in BusyCal, you have instant access to a contact's email address and phone number, as well as a record in BusyContacts of your interactions with them.
SYNC AND SHARE CALENDARS
BusyCal supports iCloud, Google, Exchange and CalDAV servers, enabling you to sync calendars with other Macs and iOS devices running BusyCal or the built-in Calendar app. This includes the ability to share calendars, schedule meetings, and view the availability of others.
• NEW: Event time text color can now be configured to match the event text color (Preferences > Appearance)
• When printing, gray event times appear darker to improve readability
• Improved detection of login failures for Exchange accounts
• Improved detection of temporary server errors for Exchange accounts
• Fixed lag experienced by some Exchange users when responding to Inbox notifications
• Fixed an issue where pasting text from emails into notes would at times lose spacing / linebreaks
• Improved handling of duplicate and conflicting responses from some CalDAV servers
• Back / Forward buttons in week and day view now animate the transition
• Ongoing stability improvements
• NEW: Ability to set advanced settings when adding a custom CalDAV / Exchange account
• NEW: Default calendar for Journal entries can now be set in Preferences
• NEW: To Dos can now be re-ordered within within the same sub-sections (e.g. you can now re-order To Dos with the same due date without changing their priority)
• NEW: Improvements to To Do list sorting algorithms
• NEW: "Group To Dos by Calendar" option added to Preferences > Todos. Turn this off to prevent To Dos from being grouped by their Calendar.
• NEW: Overdue section now appears prominently when sorting the To Do list by due date
• NEW: Undone todos carried forward are now indicated with a little > arrow within their checkbox in Month / Week / Day view, to help differentiate between to dos
• NEW: Edit > Reset manual ordering... by selecting several To Dos to in order to start over
• NEW: Cancellation reason left by meeting organizers (on Exchange) are now delivered to attendees' Inbox as part of the notification
• NEW: Completed To Dos can now appear with lighter colors (can be disabled from Preferences)
• NEW: Weather forecast can now be optionally included in print-outs
• Improved detection of Exchange delegate / proxy calendars when processing Inbox notification
• Week and Day view now reflect the manual sort ordering of To Dos within Calendar groupings
• Month view now uses the same consistent style for showing event times when left-alignment is picked, as it does when it's set to be right-aligned
• Improvements to adding Google account where the keychain would at times fail to authenticate
• Added compatibility fixes for IceWarp CalDAV Server