iOS Universal Lifestyle
This app provides quick access to Proverbs (Hebrew: מִשְלֵי, Míshlê (Shlomoh), "Proverbs (of Solomon)") is the second book of the third section (called Writings) of the Hebrew Bible and a book of the Christian Old Testament. Features included:
- Quick access to each proverb via index
- Next page ">" button to easily advance to the next Proverb
- Previous page "<" button to easily return to the previous Proverb
- Action button to forward the current proverb selection via email, messenger, or other loaded apps
- Font button to support selection of your favorite viewing font
Proverbs is not merely an anthology but a "collection of collections" relating to a pattern of life which lasted for more than a millennium. It is an example of the Biblical wisdom tradition, and raises questions of values, moral behavior, the meaning of human life, and right conduct. The repeated theme is that "the fear of God (meaning submission to the will of God) is the beginning of wisdom". Wisdom is praised for her role in creation; God acquired her before all else, and through her he gave order to chaos; and since humans have life and prosperity by conforming to the order of creation, seeking wisdom is the essence and goal of the religious life.