The original recipe manager is back by popular demand, with a completely new overhaul for 2015 including Apple Watch compatibility.
From budding cooks to professional chefs the easy to use yet feature packed My Recipes app has something for everyone. Keep your own recipes, share with friends, save recipes from the web, sync with iCloud and so much more.
Use feature packed tools like timers, conversion utilities, shopping lists, OCR recipe scanning and more. My Recipes is the most useful app you can have in your kitchen, market or restaurant.
Apple Watch Features:
View all of your active timers on your Apple Watch. Pause and resume timers and even create new timers right from your Apple Watch.
Browse your shopping lists and check off items as you go with your Apple Watch.
Browse thought your entire recipe collection, or just your favourites, and view important details, full ingredients and instructions for each recipe.
My Recipes Features:
- Create and edit your own recipes with full details and images on any iOS device.
- Use your camera to scan in recipes from books, magazines and anywhere else you want. My Recipes will automatically convert the images to text for you.
- Ingredient scaling will automatically re-calculate ingredient quantities at the touch of a button. Whats more, you can forget the tedious process of entering ingredients one-by-one for this to work. Just type in naturally and My Recipes will find and change the quantities automatically.
- Save recipes using the built in web browser with a single tap for supported sites.
- Add recipes from any website with assisted manual save.
- Add ingredients to your shopping list from recipes with one touch.
- Share shopping lists and the recipient can not just read the list you send but import it into their own copy of My Recipes at the touch of a button.
- Virtually unlimited timers you can customise to your liking.
- Advanced searching finds your recipes by name, ingredient and tags simultaneously and in real time, as soon as you start typing.
- Create your own tags for your recipes and My Recipes will automatically add them to a tag bar on your recipes list. Letting you quickly and easily get to the recipe you want.
- Share recipes with friends, emailed recipes have a unique My Recipes files, which can be imported to the My Recipes app with a single touch.
- iCloud enabled syncing and My Recipes automatically creates a daily backup file of your iCloud recipes so you can transfer it to your computer for safe keeping.
- Notifications of timers finishing even when the app is not in use or your device is in standby.
- Egg timer to calculate the cooking time for the perfect boiled egg.
- Weight, liquids and temperature conversion tools for easily converting measurements.
- Portion tool. Use the camera on your device to overlay an adjustable cutting guide allowing you to accurately slice up cakes, pizzas, and whatever else you want to.
- Fast, intuitive app navigation.
- Email print to compatible Airprint printers and message your recipes at the touch of a button.
- Backup and restore your entire recipes database onto your computer for safekeeping.
- Transfer your entire My Recipes collection to other iOS devices running My Recipes.
- Localised into English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese (Simplified,) Chinese (Traditional) and Japanese.
- Universal iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch App so you only buy it once.
**No in-app purchases. Everything free. Always**
*Apple Watch requires iPhone 5 or later and iOS 8.2 or later.
As always, I suggest a back up before updating.
Having being discontinued for so long I hardly know where to begin now that My Recipes is back. Thank you to everyone who has shown continued support for My Recipes.
It has taken me over a year of working long days and late nights to bring this release to life. Most of it is new visually, some of it looks familiar. But every bit of it has been completely re-written from the ground up.
I hope you like the direction we’re headed in. It won't please everyone (is that possible?) but hopefully you’ll agree it’s a big step in the right direction.
- 100% brand new code which should mean a better performing, more stable app. The interface and operation has been simplified as much as possible.
- Apple Watch compatibility. View your recipes and favourite recipes. Access your shopping lists and check off items on the Apple Watch. View your timers, pause and resume them and even create a new timer right on the Apple Watch.
- All new, cleaner, more modern and efficient layout for the recipes list.
- Finally localised into 7 languages, including the recipe scanner.
- Completely redesigned recipe details page, simplifying and modernising to keep everything on one screen for easier navigation.
- The much requested landscape orientation is finally back, so you can type in your recipes taking advantage of the bigger and more comfortable keyboard layout in Landscape.
- All new and improved recipe scaling function. Now the recipe scaling is not only more accurate, it works with more than just whole numbers. It takes into account decimal places and for the first time ever it also supports the most commonly used fractions. It can also scale down as well as up whats more, it’s all done live at the touch of a button.
- Improved and simplified recipe scanner, taking what was a messy, complicated, multi-step process and reducing it to just two steps to get your image converted into text.
- Much Improved shopping list. Now you can create different shops, recipes, sections or whatever categories you want to organise by.
- When you add ingredients from a recipe to your shopping list a separate entry is made for just that recipe and all the ingredients added to that. It’s also much less easy to accidentally mark items off the list as it now takes a double tap to mark items complete.
- For the first time ever in My recipes you can now share shopping lists and the recipient can not just read the list you send but import it into their own copy of My Recipes at the touch of a button.
- Suggestions added to the shopping items list, it will suggest items you have previously added.
- The timers have been updated and tweaked, you can still have as many as you want and you can now add a colour to each individual timer as well to help you distinguish between them.
- Completely overhauled and improved converter utilities. Much, much easier to use and crucially, more accurate than ever before.
- The web browser has been improved for better performance and the automatic saving has been improved for better accuracy.
- When saving from the browser, fractions are automatically converted to decimal now so they work with the ingredient scaling function. The assisted save function also makes a comeback for websites that don't currently work with auto save. As always, you can let me know if there is a website you want added to auto-save and I’ll see what I can do.
- No more messing around if you use iCloud and want a backup for safe keeping. My Recipes now makes a daily backup of your entire database (without iCloud this is not needed as a local database is created by default.) Just use iTunes File Sharing to copy the Recipes-Backup.sqlite file to your computer. Or use the convenient Export by Email function in the My Recipes settings to email a copy of the backup file.
And a whole lot more.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 1 day ago
- Food & Drink
- Stuart McLean
- 79.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (53)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• AmaiS: Word Puzzle Game
• Hookshot Hero
• Insecticide 2
• Kitchen Tools
• Ocular - OCR PDF Scanner
• Perfection! 2: Midnight