iOS Universal Food & Drink
From budding cooks to professional chefs the easy to use yet incredibly feature packed My Recipes app has something for everyone. Keep your own recipes, share with friends, save recipes from the web, built-in kitchen tools, sync with iCloud and so much more.
Ok, Lets just jump straight to the main features of My Recipes:
View all of your active timers on your Apple Watch. Pause and resume timers and even create new timers right from your Apple Watch.
Browse your shopping lists and check off items as you go with your Apple Watch or delete entire lists.
Create new shopping lists and add items using dictation.
Browse thought your entire recipe collection, or just your favourites, and view important details, full ingredients and instructions for each recipe.
Add items to the shopping list when viewing a recipe on Apple Watch.
- Create and edit your own recipes.
- Use your camera to scan recipes. My Recipes will automatically convert the images to fully editable text for you.
- Ingredient scaling automatically re-calculates quantities at the touch of a button.
- Save recipes using the built in web browser with a single tap for supported sites.
- Add recipes from any website with assisted manual save.
- Recipe finder. Just type in some ingredients and My Recipes will search millions of recipes online and find you matches.
- Add ingredients to your shopping list from recipes with one touch.
- Share shopping lists and the recipient can not just read the list you send but import it into their own copy of My Recipes at the touch of a button.
- Timers you can customise to your liking.
- Advanced searching finds your recipes by name, ingredient and tags simultaneously and in real time.
- Create tags for your recipes and My Recipes will automatically add them to a tag bar on your recipes list. Letting you quickly and easily get to the recipes you want.
- Share recipes with friends, emailed recipes have a unique My Recipes file, which can be imported to the My Recipes app with a single touch.
- iCloud enabled syncing and My Recipes automatically creates a daily backup of your iCloud recipes so you can transfer them to your computer for safe keeping.
- Notifications of timers finishing even when the app is not in use or your device is in standby.
- Egg timer to calculate the cooking time for the perfect boiled egg.
- Weight, liquids and temperature conversion tools for easily converting measurements.
- Portion tool. Use the camera on your device to overlay an adjustable cutting guide allowing you to accurately slice up cakes, pizzas, and whatever else you want to.
- Email, print and iMessage your recipes.
- Backup and restore your entire recipes database onto your computer for safekeeping.
- Transfer your entire My Recipes collection to other iOS devices running My Recipes.
- Localised into English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese (Simplified,) Chinese (Traditional) and Japanese.
- Universal iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch App so you only buy it once.
**No in-app purchases. Everything free. Always**
*Apple Watch requires iPhone 5 or later and iOS 8.2 or later.
General My Recipes gubbins and gremlin extermination:
Tweaked the recipe list for better readability of recipe names.
Minor bug fixes and behind the scenes improvements.
Ok then, with those out of the way lets talk about what this update is really for, improving the Apple Watch experience.
Firstly, all functions are now performed on your iPhone instead of relying on iCloud as it did before.This means that all information is always up to date and changes happen in real-time, rather than waiting for iCloud to sync up changes.
Apple Watch user guide has been added to the settings section of the My Recipes app.
Timers now properly display the name of the timer, regardless if it is running, paused or finished.
Timers now also show the same colours you set for them in the main app.
When adding a new timer, you can use dictation to give the timer a name of your choosing.
You can now add items to your shopping list from the ingredients page of a recipe.
You can use dictation to add a new shop to your list.
Also for shopping lists, you can now use dictation to add items to a shopping list. Just press the New Items button and say a list of the items you want to add. When you have finished, touch Done and the items will all be added to the list. It’s great, I can’t stop playing with it.
Finally for shopping lists, a delete button has been added so that an entire shopping list can be removed. Just scroll to the bottom of your shopping list to find the delete button.
Recipe loading has been tweaked to minimise the waiting time for each recipe set.
Recipes are loaded in batches of 20 and you can use the + and - buttons at the top and bottom of the recipe list to quickly skip forward and back through recipes.
Loaded recipes stay in memory until you load a new batch to keep the waiting time down.
The layout of the recipe list has been modified to make it easier to read when scrolling through lists. The images split up the details and make it less like a wall of text.
Image quality has also been improved. This adjustment will happen on your iPhone/iPad once you have started My Recipes a couple of times. It will only take a moment and will only ever happen once.
Finally all of the lists now have a force refresh option. In the unlikely event that a list is not accurately reflecting those on your main device. Just Force Touch the list to get the reload button.