iOS iPad Lifestyle
Create cloud-based 3D models of real spaces to experience and share.
The Matterport 3D Capture System provides a full end-to-end solution to quickly and consistently capture and create dimensionally-accurate and visually-realistic digital models of interior spaces.
The Matterport Capture App is the first step in creating your own 3D model of a physical space:
Step 1 – Capture: The Matterport Pro2 3D, Pro2 Lite 3D and Pro 3D Cameras are controlled using this application to quickly capture depth data and imagery of a space. The Leica BLK360 lidar scanner can now also be used with the Matterport platform.
Step 2 – Upload and View: The captured data is then uploaded to the Matterport cloud for processing. Users can log into My.Matterport.com to view their processed 3D models.
Step 3 – Experience and Share: Experience and share 3D models through the visually stunning Matterport 3D Showcase or launch Workshop to customize, measure or annotate the models.
Key App Features:
• Connect to and control your Matterport Pro 2 3D, Pro2 Lite 3D, Pro 3D Camera or the Leica BLK360 lidar scanner
• Manage the capture process as you move to different locations within a space
• Upload your captured data to your account within the Matterport Cloud, where it's processed into a high-fidelity 3D model.
New in v. 2.5.3:
• Fixed a rare crashing bug
• Added a grid overlay option to assist in 360 placement. You can turn it off and switch between metric/imperial scale in settings.
• Added a hint as to which placed 360 Views used GPS (Pro2 or cellular iPad), and offer ability to reset the auto-placed position.
• Show free/used storage on the Leica BLK360 when connected. When the camera is running low on storage, provide a way to delete *all* scans on the camera. Future: more granular deletion options. You can still use Leica's application(s) to select and delete individual scans if needed.
• Provide a warning with the BLK HDR settings to highlight that only certain HDR levels (off, 3) support exporting to other applications (Recap, Cyclone).
• Behind-the-scenes improvements, diagnostics instrumentation and bug fixes.
Version 2.5 Description:
• Fast Capture firmware support - provides the best performance with Pro2 3D, Pro2 Lite 3D, and Pro 3D cameras. Use the Camera Firmware menu to update your camera(s).
• Supports the Leica BLK360 lidar scanner:
- The BLK360 can be used to scan outdoors in sunlight and in large spaces.
- HDR and Scan Density settings appear when connected to a BLK360.
- The BLK360 requires an iPad with at least 2GB system memory (RAM).
- Ensure your BLK360 firmware is on the latest release - version 1.1.7
- Learn more: https://try.matterport.com/leica-blk360-and-matterport/
Includes support for two Beta programs:
• 360 Placement (Beta):
- This will allow you to connect 360 Views (exterior or unconnected scan positions) to your 3D walkthrough experience.
- Place and orient 360 Views on the minimap.
- Showcase 3.0 users will be able to navigate between the 3D model and these 360 Views, as well as between 360 Views.
- Placed 360 Views will also be visible in the Dollhouse and Floorplan views when using Showcase 3.0.
- Learn more at https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000951048
• Face Blurring (Beta):
- as one of our first processing option choices, when you upload a job you can choose to automatically detect faces and blur them during processing.
- *all* faces will be blurred (paintings, photos, statues, live humans, etc.).
- this will currently add time to your processing job and cannot be undone - best to make a copy of a job in Capture before trying it.
Known Beta-related issues:
• Workshop only supports placed 360 views in a limited Beta program - this will be rollout more widely soon.
Note: Capture 2.5 will only install on 64-bit based iPads. If you can install it - or upgrade to iOS 11 - your iPad is 64-bit. Capture 2.4.2 continues to work on older 32-bit iPads and supports Fast Capture firmware.