iOS iPad Lifestyle
Create cloud-based 3D models of real spaces to experience and share.
The Matterport 3D Capture System provides a full end-to-end solution to quickly and consistently capture and create dimensionally-accurate and visually-realistic digital models of interior spaces.
The Matterport Capture App is the first step in creating your own 3D model of a physical space:
Step 1 – Capture: The Matterport Pro2 3D, Pro2 Lite 3D and Pro 3D Cameras are controlled using this application to quickly capture depth data and imagery of a space.
Step 2 – Upload and View: The captured data is then uploaded to the Matterport cloud for processing. Users can log into My.Matterport.com to view their processed 3D models.
Step 3 – Experience and Share: Experience and share 3D models through the visually stunning Matterport 3D Showcase or launch Workshop to customize, measure or annotate the models.
Key App Features:
• Connect to and control your Matterport Pro 2 3D, Pro2 Lite 3D, or Pro 3D Camera
• Manage the capture process as you move to different locations within a space
• Upload your captured data to your account within the Matterport Cloud, where it's processed into a high-fidelity 3D model.
• Significant performance improvements and bug fixes.
• Fast Capture firmware support - provides the best performance with Pro2 3D, Pro2 Lite 3D, and Pro 3D cameras. Use the Camera Firmware menu to update your camera(s).
• Three optional Beta capabilities (see below).
• Note: Capture 2.5 will only install on 64-bit based iPads. If you can install it - or upgrade to iOS 11 - your iPad is 64-bit. Capture 2.4.2 continues to work on older 32-bit iPads and supports Fast Capture firmware.
Includes support for three Beta programs:
• 360 Placement Beta:
- This will allow you to connect 360 Views (exterior or unconnected scan positions) to your 3D walkthrough experience.
- Place and orient 360 Views on the minimap.
- Showcase 3.0 users will be able to navigate between the 3D model and these 360 Views, as well as between 360 Views.
- Placed 360 Views will also be visible in the Dollhouse and Floorplan views when using Showcase 3.0.
- Learn more at https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000951048
• Face Blurring:
- as one of our first processing option choices, when you upload a job you can choose to automatically detect faces and blur them during processing.
- this will currently add time to your processing job and cannot be undone - best to make a copy of a job in Capture before trying it.
• Leica BLK360 Beta:
- IMPORTANT: if you are using the Leica BLK360, you should be part of that specific beta test program.
- Sign up and learn more: https://try.matterport.com/leica-blk360-and-matterport/
- The BLK360 can be used to scan outdoors in sunlight and large spaces.
- HDR and Scan Density settings appear when connected to a BLK360.
- Improved alignment and performance for BLK360-based scans.
• The BLK360 requires an iPad with at least 2GB system memory (RAM).
• Ensure your BLK360 firmware is on the latest release - version 1.1.7
Known Beta-related issues:
• Alignment between BLK360 and Pro2/Pro scans may not succeed
• There may be visual artifacts in BLK360-based scans
• We recommend placing the BLK360 in a shadow when outdoors versus direct sun when image quality is critical
• Workshop does not yet support placing or adjusting 360 Views. This is currently available in Capture only (yes, we know that is not ideal).
• Uploading multiple jobs with face blurring selected does not work; try a single job at a time