Type 2 Diabetes: What Now?
YOU HAVE DIABETES: WHAT NOW?
Okay. You’ve just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Hearing the word “diabetes” comes as a shock. For many people, the initial reaction is “why me?” We’re here to tell you that you are not alone. The more you learn about diabetes, the better equipped you will be to control it — rather than letting it control you. We’ll show you how.
This app will help you manage diabetes with:
✓ A STEP BY STEP GUIDE to help you understand and make sense of type 2 diabetes and lead a healthier life after diagnosis, plus we’ll walk through what you need to know about diet, exercise, medication and how to avoid complications.
✓ SIX INFORMATIVE VIDEOS from Dr. Mallika Marshall and Erin Palinski (Registered Dietician and Certified Diabetes Educator) covering important topics like:
- Being Diagnosed
- Myths and Misconceptions About Diabetes
- Risk Factors
- What’s Happening Inside Your Body
- Counting Carbohydrates
- Quality Carbs and Fats
- Giving Your Kitchen a Healthy Makeover
✓ 50 DELICIOUS RECIPES with high quality, glossy photos and easy-to-follow directions.
- Lasagna Rolls
- Grilled Steak with Fresh Corn Salad
- Risotto with Edamame, Arugula and Porcini
- PLUS 47 MORE AMAZING RECIPES!
✓ EATING GUIDELINES to help you plan healthy meals, every day.
✓ INTERACTIVE CHARTS to make learning complicated medical terms and treatment options easy and clear.
✓ STREAMING TWITTER TIPS with helpful content from the experts at @DiabetesFacts, @AmDiabetesAssn (American Diabetes Association) and more.
Download this app now and learn how to control diabetes and get healthy!
Bug fixes and maintenance.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 20, 2012
- Healthcare & Fitness
- Everyday Health, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 2.50 (10)
- 346.1 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Baby Tracker from WhatToExpect.com
• COPD Tracker From Everyday Health
• Calorie Counter • FREE
• Diabetes In Check
• Everyday Health
• Everyday Health for iPad
• Jillian Michaels Slim-Down: Weight Loss, Diet, & Exercise Solution
• Period and Fertility Tracker from WhatToExpect.com
• Pregnancy & Baby | What to Expect
• South Beach Diet ®
• The Snack App