Prevent Back Pain: Exercises For A Correct Posture And A Strong Lower Back
Prevent Back Pain for Lower Back is designed to help users achieve a healthy, supple back.
- Relieve lower back pain
- Improve motion
- Increase core stability
- Correct posture
Backache and Back Problems:
The human back is an amazing collection of bones, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves, put together so as to be incredibly strong and highly flexible. Our back and spine were designed for movement, and from the beginning of time we’ve experienced the need to stretch.
But the demands of modern life, including poor posture and sitting for extended periods of time, at our desks, or in front of our computer screens, have contributed to a rapid de-conditioning of the muscles that support the neck, back and spine.
The facts speak for themselves: 80% of all people suffer from a back problem at some point in their life. Lower back pain is one of the most common health problems today.
How will this app help?
Prevent Back Pain for Upper Back & Neck will help you learn a variety of exercises that stretch, strengthen, and stabilize important muscles and ligaments that support your lower back.
This app contains a series of exercises and a workout which will help get you started on a consistent exercise routine that will ensure you maintain a healthy back. The app’s graphic illustrations show clearly which muscles are working during each exercise. Features include:
• A Quick Guide to explain the target, type of exercise, level, benefits and safety tips
• Complete detailed step-by-step photos and instructions for the exercise
• Full muscles and exercises search capability
• Anatomical illustrations to show the major muscles that are being worked
• Do It Right tips to advise on how to perform the exercise correctly and effectively
Each exercise includes step-by-step instructions, plus full-color photos and anatomical illustrations that let you see how the muscles work. You will “see” what muscles you’re targeting and learn how to avoid injuring them. It's a complete program that includes stretches, balance and posture exercises as well as warm-ups and cool-downs to get rid of your pain and regain the flexibility and strength.
Some exercises require a few simple props, such as small hand weights, medicine balls, and a Swiss ball, which is a large, heavy-duty inflatable ball, ranging in diameter from 18 to 30 inches.
About the Author:
Dr Philip Striano is the owner of Hudson Rivertown’s Chiropractic Health Care in Dobbs Ferry, New York. He is a certified chiropractic sports physician and a sports injury, exercise, and strength and conditioning specialist. He received his doctor of chiropractic degree from New York Chiropractic College.
Other apps in the series:
The three apps in this series are all about creating movement and flexibility on the spine and back, via special exercises that are targeted to different areas of the back:
Prevent Back Pain: Exercises For A Correct Posture And A Strong Upper Back and Neck
Prevent Back Pain: Exercises For A Correct Posture And A Strong Spine & Core
This App has been developed for informational purposes only and is not a medical application intended to substitute the diagnosis and advice of a doctor, chiropractor or physician. Consult a physician before starting any exercise or nutritional program.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 17, 2012
- Healthcare & Fitness
- iGlimpse Ltd
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (4)
- 10.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Back & Shoulders: Muscle Building with Craig Ramsay
• Chest & Abs: Muscle Building with Craig Ramsay
• ColRegs: Nav Lights & Shapes for Boating and Sailing
• ColRegs: Rules of the Road for all Seagoing Sail and Power Vessels
• Healthy Back - Neck & Upper Back
• IALA Buoyage & Lights
• Muscle Building Workouts for Bodybuilders - Arms & Legs
• Prevent Back Pain: Exercises For A Correct Posture And A Strong Spine & Core