Run 5k - interval training coach + stretch program
The Run 5k app has been featured on CNN.com, Boston.com’s lifestyle-health section, and in Health Magazine. Get into shape using our 8-week beginner training plan, complete with an animated warmup and cooldown stretching program. This app has voice cues that guide you even when your screen is locked. The app tells you when to run and walk and gives audio cues for distance and pace when you use GPS. You can use this app outside, on a track, or in the gym.
Join the hundreds of thousands of other runners who have used Run 5k to successfully go from a couch potato to a 5km runner (3.1 miles). This app is great for beginner runners who have never run before or former runners who want to start up again.
• Speaks pace, distance, intervals, and halfway point.
• Optionally uses GPS for pace and distance. (You can also use this app on a treadmill or indoor track without GPS.)
• Animated warmup and cooldown stretching programs with timer and voice cues.
• Tap out your heart rate on the heart icon.
• Featuring the voices of Agnes, Kasten, and Lucius.
ABOUT the WORKOUTS
• 8-week training program for perfect for beginners or former runners.
• Each workout is about 30 minutes long.
• Interval training alternates between jogging and walking.
• Workout intervals gradually become more challenging.
• 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown, which are skippable.
• Speaks each jog and walk interval, halfway mark, and 1-minute-left mark.
• Optionally speaks pace and distance information every 1/2 mile or 1/2 km.
• Automatically checks off each completed workout and records your date, pace and distance.
AUDIO CUES and NOTIFICATIONS
If you’re not getting Notifications in the background, open the Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll down to find Run 5k in the list. Tap on Run 5k and turn on Notification Center, choose an alert style, and turn everything else on (Sound, Badge App Icon, Lock Screen). Check your volume and make sure your ringer switch is not set to silent/vibrate.
To show distance and pace information, Run 5k uses GPS location tracking, which works best when you’re outside and can see open sky. Make sure to turn on Background App Refresh to use GPS in the background. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
Run 5k was created by Lucius Kwok, Agnes Chan, and Kasten Searles. Made in NYC.
• Changed GPS status readout to remove confusing off state.
• Moved End Workout button away from Resume button, and added a confirmation alert to it.
• Updated Wahoo Fitness framework to v.3.2.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 23, 2014
- Healthcare & Fitness
- Felt Tip Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (2255)
- 11.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 7 Min Fit
• C64 Paint
• Circle of Fifths - musical scales and chords
• CityVelo NY - bike share and route map
• Food Diary calorie counter
• Run 10k - interval training coach + stretch program
• RunQuest 21k - Half Marathon endurance training program
• Sound Studio
• The Grix by eBoy - create 8-bit pixel tile art
• Transit Maps
• Tuna Pitch - tune guitar, bass, banjo, cello, or other musical instrument