Run 5k - interval training coach + stretch program
The Run 5k app has been featured on CNN.com, Boston.com's lifestyle-health section, and in Health Magazine. Get into shape using our 8-week beginner training plan, complete with an animated warmup and cooldown stretching program. This app has built-in voice prompts to coach you through each workout and keeps track of your workout progress.
Join thousands of other runners who have used this app to successfully run 5 km (3.1 miles) without stopping or walking. This app is great for beginner runners who have never run before or former runners who want to start up again.
Run 5k was created by Lucius Kwok and Kasten Searles. Additional content by Agnes Chan. Made in NYC.
☆ ☆ Features ☆ ☆
• GPS location support! Tracks and displays your distance and pace during the workout.
• Full-screen, dynamic warmup stretches and static cooldown stretches with timer and voice cues.
• Wahoo Blue HR and ANT+ heart rate monitor support.
• Manually check your heart rate by tapping once per heartbeat on the heart icon.
• 20 to 30 minute workouts alternating jogging and walking, plus a 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown for each workout.
• Workout intervals that gradually become more challenging.
• Audio cues for jog and walk intervals, halfway mark, and 1-minute-left mark.
• Automatically checks off and tracks the date of each completed workout.
• Music controls for your own playlists, or use the app with other music and podcast apps.
• Facebook and/or Twitter sharing.
• VoiceOver support.
☆ ☆ Audio Cues and Notifications ☆ ☆
If you're not getting Notifications in the background, do this: open the Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll down to find Run 5k in the list. Tap on the Run app and turn on Notification Center, choose an alert style, and turn everything else on (Sound, Badge App Icon, Lock Screen). Check your volume and make sure your ringer switch is not set to silent/vibrate.
☆ ☆ GPS Support ☆ ☆
To show distance and pace information, this app uses GPS location tracking, which works best when you're outside and can see open sky. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
• Wahoo ANT+ heart rate monitor support.
• Fixed bug with distance and pace being saved with the wrong workout.
• Fixed layout bug with heart rate readout.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 3 days ago
- Healthcare & Fitness
- Felt Tip Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (11)
- 10.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Run 10k - interval training coach + stretch program
• 7 Minute Fit Workout
• C64 Paint
• Circle of Fifths - musical scales and chords
• Food Diary calorie counter
• RunQuest 21k - Half Marathon endurance training program
• Sound Studio
• The Grix by eBoy - create 8-bit pixel tile art
• Transit Maps
• Tuna Pitch - tune guitar, bass, banjo, cello, or other musical instrument