Bit of Exercise - Training Diary / GPS Running, Cycling and Walking
iOS iPhone Healthcare & Fitness
Whether you're running, walking or cycling, Bit of Exercise’s voice reports will guide you through your workout and motivate you to work harder by comparing your results with previous activities. Furthermore, your activities will automatically start recording when you leave your current location and end when you return - no need to fiddle with your phone during your workouts.
Study your progress and results in detail on your iPhone, both during and after your workout. Graphs and maps can be zoomed, and you can easily navigate to any point along your activity for further examination and comparison to your reference. A wealth of data and statistics are collected about your activities. It's almost as if you had a personal trainer - in your iPhone.
Bit of Exercise allows you to freely assemble workouts with several segments, such as interval, multi-sport and hill training workouts. Each individual segment can be set to start and end based on various criteria such as reaching a certain location or distance. This allows you to grow in your training and get your workouts tailored to you and your surroundings.
We respect your privacy by only storing your data locally on your iPhone. No account is required nor do you have to visit a web-site to fully access your data.
Bit of Exercise is packed with useful features, here are just a few:
• Improve your results by using the built-in pedometer to measure your cadence and stride length.
• Setup effort zones to help you keep a steady pacing, cadence and heart rate.
• Connect ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 BTLE sensors for measuring your heart rate or bike cadence and distance.
• Tag your activities to keep track of equipment, events and conditions.
• Study weekly, monthly and yearly statistics to see your progress over time.
• Track measurements such as your body weight and waist.
• Share your results with friends on Twitter, RunKeeper, Strava and Dailymile.
• Import and export to and from RunKeeper, Strava, Dailymile, GPX, TCX, KML, and CSV.
"Fantastic app and believe me - I've tried them all. The ghost-ride function is among the best and the app has some real killer features that stands out especially if you often take the same routes. On some routes you may choose automated start/stop on passing GPS points. It also predicts your route based on previous patterns and the time of day and week. Makes regular use very easy. Use it and you'll never regret it." — pss-peter / App Store Review
“Using this app makes me more competitive because it compares your exercise with previous exercises so it makes me work harder. The announcements make me feel like I have a personal trainer! This is a brilliant app.” — jenbee6 / App Store Review
** Bit of Exercise is free to download and evaluate. The demo mode limit the number of activities that can be recorded. The unlimited version is unlocked using an in-app purchase.
** Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• You can now configure effort zones for your activity types.
• Effort zones defines in-zone ranges for speed/pace, heart rate, cadence and stride length.
• You set up individual zones for your slow, steady, fast and interval workout paces.
• The dashboard’s summary page summarize your in-zone results and allow quick access to tweak your zones.
• The dashboard’s graphs display what parts you were within your zones.
• You can set up voice reports to warn you when you get outside a zone.
• You can now share, import and export your activities with Strava.
• Facebook sharing is no longer supported, as Facebook no longer allow apps to pre-populate messages with activity data.
• The dashboard’s panes has been rearranged.
• Workout and segment’s subtitles now display used pace.
• Location tracking has been limited to ”when in use” instead of ”always”.
148Apps —Bit of Exercise Review