iOS Universal Games
The Descent Device: faster-than-light travel at speeds no human should go; an alien mystery. But it only goes one way, falling from star to star towards the centre of the galaxy. Voyageur is a literary RPG where you take the helm of a trader-vagabond vessel, looking for adventure, wealth, and answers in an infinite galaxy full of procedural cultures and civilizations.
Assemble a crew of misfits to travel with you on your one-way trip to sail on seas of liquid methane, descend into the clouds of heavy-atmosphere worlds, and unveil the secrets of the alien life that created the Device.
Voyageur's world is full of diverse cultures and societies, inspired by contemporary science fiction authors such as Iain Banks, NK Jemisin, Ann Leckie, and Cixin Liu.
A product of Failbetter Games' Fundbetter initiative, it should appeal to lovers of interactive fiction and literary gaming, including Fallen London, 80 Days, and Sorcery!.
- Credits screen should look okay on narrower screens in portrait mode
- Change the buy/sell button to fix massive animation jank on some devices
- Greatly improve experience for TalkBack users
- Fix issue where you could continuously buy and sell smuggled cargo on the same planet
- Fix issue where you could add unlimited crew members after restarting a game
TouchArcade —'Voyageur' Review - A Long, Yet Not Always-Exciting, Journey
148Apps —Voyageur review