iOS iPhone Games
Specifically requested by a junior high math teacher, Reduction is a math game designed to improve your basic math skills... but don't let its simplicity fool you!
Game play is easy:
1) Tap "New Game" to start a new game.
2) Tap the first number you want to work with.
3) Tap the math operator you want to use.
4) Tap the second number you want to work with.
5) Tap "Next"
The math operation you selected is processed and you proceed to the next step in the puzzle. Repeat the process until you arrive at the target number. You can progress backward and forward through the steps of the puzzle as you try to work out the solution!
* 3 increasingly difficult modes of game play!
* Head-to-head competition via bluetooth peer-to-peer connections! Connect with friends and play against each other in real-time!
Scores in several game categories are tracked locally for competition between siblings, family members, or friends. In addition scores are submitted to our game servers and the top 50 scores worldwide can be displayed, along with the total number of users and your rank among them! Which state has the best math skills? With country? YOU keep your home in the rankings!
A thought provoking soundtrack keeps the math-centered parts of your brain working while you work through each level and, while there are frequently multiple ways to solve each problem, if you get stuck, you can always press the "Show Me" button to see one way you might have done it.
**** Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability motivate you to give me a higher rating or a positive review? Please email me! I'm always open to suggestions and new ideas! ****
* Fixed error in detecting divide operations that don't divide evenly.
* Added text above the numbers that shows the currently selected values and the result of the selected math operation.
* Fixed bug that randomly shows "a" characters instead of operators in the shown solution.
* Fixed bug that caused "Next" button to not work after solution had been shown.