GeoBee Challenge by National Geographic
"GeoBee makes an excellent companion for long train rides or meals with dull people." - Slate
“Grab It. The first day of school is just around the corner. Here (is) an app that can be packed in alongside your kids’ pencils and notebooks.” – New York Daily News
MOBI Award FINALIST - Best Mobile Game 2010
Apple recommended - Top back to school app!
Now with beautiful maps from National Geographic, explore the world while testing your smarts.
This is a challenging game, so it's not for beginners...but do keep in mind that the National Geographic Bee is meant for kids in grades 4-8. Are you smarter than a 4th grader? If you need help studying, you should check out the National Geographic World Atlas app, also available on iTunes.
Three types of game play make sure you really know your stuff and never get bored.
In the multiple-choice round, answers come from a library of more than 1000 National Geographic Bee questions. In the map challenge round, you zoom, pinch and tap your way to find spots on an interactive map from a catalog of 1000+ locations. For an added challenge, bonus rounds include compelling National Geographic photographs where you have to locate what's in the photo on the interactive map...only we don't tell you where the photo was taken or what is in the picture!
The faster you answer, the more points you get! You have to keep up the pace to move on to the next round.
**The GeoBee Challenge is also available for iPad! Check out GeoBee Challenge HD**
Other great National Geographic products available on the iTunes store:
World Atlas by National Geographic - Easy-to-use, feature packed, and containing the world’s best maps. Browse, search, and zoom detailed maps of the globe.
National Geographic Handheld Birds – An interactive field guide with more than 1,600 bird images and 650 range maps, based on the best-selling book: Field Guide to the Birds of North America.
- Enhanced Gameplay – Levels of difficulty have been modified throughout, allowing for progressively more challenging questions the further you get into the game.
- Enhanced Leaderboards – see how you stack up against your friends!
- Community Features – Game Center and OpenFeint network integration to connect and challenge your friends share to Facebook and Twitter.
- Photos, Maps and Graphics have been optimized for Retina display
- A few bug and content fixes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 16, 2011
- National Geographic Society
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (741)
- 48.6 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 50 Greatest Photographs of National Geographic
• 50 Places of a Lifetime: The World's Greatest D...
• A Taste of Montreal
• Big Cat Week: Quest for Survival
• Birds Lite by National Geographic
• Building Titanic
• City Guides by National Geographic
• GeoBee Challenge HD by National Geographic
• GeoDash: Wild Animal Adventure
• Howling Mouse
• Just Joking
• London Guide by National Geographic
• Look & Learn: Animal Alphabet
• Look & Learn: Animals Vol. 1
• Marine Missions
• National Geographic Birds: Field Guide to North America
• National Geographic Kids
• National Geographic Magazine
• National Geographic Today
• National Geographic Traveler Magazine
• National Geographic World Atlas
• National Parks by National Geographic
• New York Guide by National Geographic
• Paris Guide by National Geographic
• Puzzle Planets
• Rome Guide by National Geographic
• Ultimate Dinopedia: Complete Dinosaur Reference
• Weird But True