KidStar Game Time Limit Rewards
Set play time limits and reward your kids for stopping play early on any iDevice.
KidStar helps your kids learn self control, rewards them for positive behavior, and improves family harmony.
Download and see for yourself!
1. Parents set play time limit (5 minutes to 2 hours)
2. Kids get 10 stars for stopping play a few minutes early and 2 stars for stopping at the end of play time
3. Kids build up stars that are redeemed for reward like "$1 pocket money" or "Movie Night" or any custom reward. KidStar tracks stars collected for each child over time.
Once play time is up, kids are locked out of the device until you enter your password. When they return the device to you, rewards are added to their account. Both you and your kid can watch stars add up to new rewards as they keep ending play responsibly. Works great for 3-14 year olds. Kids can return to KidStar app which pauses the clock, but if they leave the app then the timer starts again.
Benefits for parents:
- Easy way to set play time limits on iDevices
- No more squabbles or whining about ending play time
- Kids rewarded for returning device at end of play time
- Increases family harmony
Benefits for kids:
- Rewards them for good behavior
- Promotes executives decision making and self-control
- Helps them plan in real-time
- Increases acceptance of change
You are a good parent, but let's be honest, it's not always easy to get your device back from your kid once they have it. That's why we invented KidStar.
Kids get so engrossed on iDevices that they get irritated when you try to get it back at the end of play time. With KidStar, you no longer need to get in the middle, because KidStar gently interrupts kids during their iDevice play to let them know that they have a few minutes left to play before KidStar will lock them out of the device apps. KidStar then gives them stars rewards for returning the device back to you either early or at the end of your specified play time.
KidStar is based the principles of positive behavioral psychology which show that when kids are treated with respect and rewarded for acting responsibly it can powerful effects on their self-control and self-esteem. Rewards are a great way to blunt the impact of bringing in time limits to play.
-Updated for iOS 7
-Added more timing options
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 06, 2013
- 6.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (3)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (29)