iOS Universal Games
Fowlst is an an action game about an owl who is trapped in Hell for some reason. Make your way through chamber after spooky chamber, smashing Demons and grabbing loot. Dodge bullets, battle huge bosses and try not to get chopped In half by a buzz saw. Trade your loot for sick powers like egg bombs and rockets so you can really show those demons who’s boss!
* Unlimited stages that are different every time you play.
* Simple controls: touch the left side of the screen to hop left, right side to hop right, swipe up to use the item you are holding.
* Smash demons in half!
* Buzz saws! Turbines! Tubes! Stalactites!
* Big ol' bosses!
* Shoot rockets out of your behind!
Here's a couple of nice quotes from nice people:
"And you won't be able to stop smiling the whole time. It's raucous and chaotic in all the right ways, tight when it needs to be, and never fails to push you back in for one more go."
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
"A Downwell-esque retro aesthetic tops off a really solid arcade package, and emphasises the game's frantic and unforgiving edge."
- Rob Funnell, Touch Arcade
- HARD MODE! Test your skills in the new Hard Mode, which unlocks once you've scored over 600 points. In Hard Mode there are no upgrades, fewer hearts, and enemies spawn twice as fast! It comes complete with its own leaderboard too - do you have what it takes to reach the top?
- Don't lose your progress! If you accidentally close Fowlst or exit to the main menu while you are playing, don't despair! Hit continue in the main menu to jump right back to the last level you were on. Look out though - once you die you'll still have to start at the beginning again.
- Quick restart: now you can hit the restart button on the game over screen to jump back into the action straight away!
- Sick of waiting for the score counter when you get a game over? Touch the screen to make your score add up faster!
- Bug fixes and fine tuning
148Apps —Fowlst review