iOS iPhone Games
Experience the award winning tower defense game like never before thanks to full Retina display support! Stop the invading fieldrunners by creating mazes out of powerful weapons in this classic strategy game. Control the battlefield using limitless strategies and a diverse selection of upgradeable towers!
• Epic graphics update for full Retina support!
• All new soundtrack so you can defend in style!
• Glorious battles shine in 32-bits!
• More fun than ever!
• "Best Mobile Game Award!" 2009 IGF Mobile
• "Excellence in Art Award!" 2009 IGF Mobile
• #1 in “Top 10 Must Have Games” Gizmodo
• TIME Magazine - “Top 10 Video Games of 2008”
• PC Magazine - "Must-Have iPhone Games"
• EDGE Magazine - “Top 30 of 2008”
• Boston Herald - “#3 iPhone Game of 2008”
The invasion begins! Pint sized soldiers are storming your country - do you have what it takes to defeat them? Customize your strategic defenses using a wide selection of powerful weapons. Control the battlefield with a vast array of tactics against countless waves of unique land and air invaders! Countless hours of entertainment and replayable challenges! Enjoy a growing experience through DLC maps!
Do you have what it takes to stop the fieldrunners and rise to the top as the ultimate tower defense champion?
• Retina display support for gorgeous artwork!
• Addictive gameplay for hours of action!
• Over 400 waves across 4 unique battlefields!
• 7 devastating weapons for ultimate defenses!
• Stunning visuals in a hyper detailed world!
• Perfectly balanced challenges!
• Epic amounts of achievements!
• Challenge friends through OpenFeint!
• Full Game Center integration!
CONTACT SUBATOMIC STUDIOS--
• Twitter: @Fieldrunners
• Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners
• Web: subatomicstudios.com
• Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum
• Email: info[at]subatomicstudios.com
Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing our first game! Please rate Fieldrunners to show your support.
A MAJOR UPDATE TO AN IPHONE CLASSIC!
• Added support for widescreen aspect ratios.
• Added support for 64-bit devices.
• Significantly improved loading times. Jump into battle faster than ever before!
• Changed the global high scores screen to show the weekly high scores. This removes many of the old stale entries that once cluttered the leaderboards. Please note that the local and friends high scores still show all the all time best scores.
• Experience silky smooth fast forward! The game now renders all animation frames, rather than every other frame. When this was first implemented, it was designed for older devices that were not capable of rendering and simulating as fast as today's modern hardware.
• Placing towers could never be any easier! Towers more closely follow your finger during placement.
• Tightened the upgrade and sell menus so that the buttons hug more closely to the selected tower.
• Removed automatic zooming after starting a new game. Zooming no longer makes much sense with the wider aspect ratios and higher resolution displays.
• The playback controls and options button now automatically hide when a tower is being placed.
• Replaced several sound effects with more modern and higher quality versions! This includes the Gatling fire loops, the tower placement, the light and heavy soldier deaths, the soldier movement, the bike movement, and the achievement sound effect.
• Drastically reduced the initial music volume to make sounds more audible. Players can also change the volume of the music in the Settings app on their device.
• Fixed device rotation so the game can be played in either of the two landscape modes.
• Fixed the pressable area of the "Local" tab in the high scores screen so that it is easier to press.
• Fixed an issue causing towers and the wave arrows to be incorrectly positioned.
• Fixed an issue with online high score navigation that would skip 10 entries instead of 9 which would make every 10th entry impossible to view.
• Fixed an issue that would hide any scores in the leaderboard with a value of zero. This would make the bottom of the leaderboards appear empty and broken.
• Fixed a crash when pressing the navigation buttons when not online.
• Fixed the initial state of the navigation buttons so they are properly toggled when you enter each score screen.
• Fixed the highlight of the score that represents the current player in the global scores screen.
• Fixed the pressable area on the high score navigation buttons. The page down and page up navigation buttons had an extremely large pressable areas which made it very difficult to press the home navigation button.
• Fixed the orientation of achievement notifications.
• Fixed the restore purchases button.