Don't Starve: Pocket Edition
iOS Universal Games
***NOTE: Don't Starve requires iOS 8 and at least an iPhone 5, iPad 3, or iPad mini 2. Due to memory constraints, it will not run on older devices.***
Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition, brings the hit PC game enjoyed by over 4 million players to the iPhone and iPad. Now you can experience the uncompromising wilderness survival game full of science and magic on the go!
Play as Wilson, an intrepid Gentleman Scientist who has been trapped and transported to a mysterious wilderness world. Wilson must learn to exploit his environment and its inhabitants if he ever hopes to escape and find his way back home.
Enter a strange and unexplored world full of strange creatures, dangers, and surprises. Gather resources to craft items and structures that match your survival style. Play your way as you unravel the mysteries of this strange land.
- Independent Games Festival: Grand Prize Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Excellence in Design Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Audience Award Nominee
- Capsule Computers: Editor’s Choice
- Indie Game Reviewer: Game of the Year
Optimized for Touch: New intuitive touch interface lets you explore, fight, craft and manage inventory with ease.
Uncompromising Survival & World Exploration: No instructions. No help. No hand holding. Start with nothing and craft, hunt, research, farm and fight to survive.
Dark and Whimsical Visuals: 2D characters and odd creatures inhabiting a unique 3D world.
Randomly Generated New Worlds: Want a new map? No problem! At any time you can generate a new living and breathing world that hates you and wants you to die.
- Load texture on demand optimizations to address high memory usage issues on supported iPad devices.
- Corrected localized text for Traditional Chinese language button.
- World Generation screen texts for some languages have been slightly reduced to improve quality.
- Language change message now displays in both the current language and the new language.
- Addressed issue with some in-game text running off of the screen on some devices.
- Fixed issue with Build button sometimes overlapping Inventory menu on iPhone devices, resulting in possible difficulties crafting items.
TouchArcade —'Don't Starve' Review - A Masterpiece of Horror, Humor, and Hunger
148Apps —Don’t Starve: Pocket Edition Review
PocketGamer —Don't Starve