This app was removed from the App Store.
Dark Quest HD
iOS iPad Games
•• PLAY THE #1 ROLE PLAYING GAME IN 7 COUNTRIES ••
"Dark Quest makes good use of a rather eclectic mix of gameplay ideas"
"We had a blast playing this game who knew wizards could be fun?"
"Dark Quest brings the spirit of classic dungeon crawling boardgame"
"The game offers some solid turn based strategy RPG gameplay"
- Capsule Computers
Dark Quest is a turn based fantasy role playing adventure game where players assume the role of a mighty barbarian on his epic quest to destroy the forces of the evil sorcerer and save the land from evil.
An evil sorcerer has appeared in the lands, he has built a dungeon in the nearby village of faladir, where his minions use it as a base to raid the surrounding villages to bring terror and death to all its citizens. A hero by the name Zantor dares to defy the powers of the sorcerer and seeks to destroy the dungeon and put an end to this.
• Enter a world of fantasy and adventure: Explore twisted mazes, find hidden doors and fight bloodthirsty orcs!
• Roll the skull of fate and reveal your twisted fate: The evil sorcerer will torment your soul for his own amusement, he will summon you in the sphere of judgment where you will be forced to play a twisted game of death, and can you survive his magic?
• Slaughter endless hordes of orcs & undead: Your strength, courage and strategy will be the key into wining every battle.
• Trade with the people in the village: Spend the gold you find in your adventures in the village to buy new potions, weapons and spells for your characters.
• Control a party of up to 3 characters each with their own unique abilities: Use the unique strengths of each character and work together to defeat the minions of the evil sorcerer.
• The Barbarian: A powerful character who can bring terror and destruction to all his enemies with his destructive force and skill of sword.
• The Wizard: This character is very weak in close combat but his highly potent spells are capable of altering the outcome of any battle to your favor. Use his powers wisely and you may stand a chance against the hordes of the evil sorcerer.
• The Dwarf: The dungeons are vast and dangerous but with the help of your ally Thorin the Dwarf you have nothing to fear. His quick feet and eye for danger will save you against numerous traps and grave danger!
- Fixed a minor graphical glith with the dot paths
- Spells can no longer be resisted, only magic attacks.
- Updated magic resistance across monsters so they are less resistant to magic attacks.
- The sphere of judgement now tells the future again.
- The game state is now saved every turn and you can resume from where you left it.
- There is now a maximum amount of times you will roll the skull of fate.
- Made some updates in the third map with the 3 activators.
- Cheat death rolls have been tweaked.
- Fixed a bug that could cause you to lose a movement point.
- Fixed a bug with the slaughter power up that would not kill a monster with 0 health.
- Blade has been renamed to broadsword
- Tweaked out audio assets for improved memory usage.
- Improved quality of some textures on low memory devices.
- Fixed a weapon orientation bug when attacking diagonal targets.
- Fixed a bug with consuming an extra action when using an item
- Fixed a bug that would allow items to target the same object twice such as the flail.
- Fixed a bug with multiple attacks not showing the weapon animation cycle.
- Improved pathfinding when attempting to attack a monster to always take the shortest path.
- Fixed a minor graphic glitch with overhead text.
- New Item: Battle Axe, adds an extra +2 damage on your attack.
- Added protection against crashing when loading a corrupt save.
- Fixed a pathfinding bug that would take away all your movements when trying to move to a blocked tile.
- Drastically reduced memory consumption, this should eliminate crashes for all devices.
- Lighting bolt, firewall and disarm trap are now considered class powers and are sold in stacks of 9.
- Improved initial loading times
TouchArcade —'Dark-Quest' Review - Emulating Strategy Board Games of Yore