This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Games
Cryptose is open source software released under the GNU General Public License. Source code is available here: https://github.com/insurgentgames/Cryptose
Cryptose is an addictive cryptogram puzzle game where you use logic and reasoning to decode secret messages. Choose between three occupations to play as a hacker, a detective, or a spy.
Each game you get a random short encrypted phrase and it's your job to decrypt it. The phrase is encrypted with a simple substitution cipher, meaning that each letter in the alphabet is replaced with another letter (for example, all A's might be replaced with Q's). You start out with the ciphertext, and you decode it letter-by-letter until you reveal the plaintext message.
* Thousands of phrases to decrypt
* Three gritty graphical themes to choose from
* Unlimited hints to curb frustration
* Learn interesting facts and quotes about encryption, cypherpunks, and code-breaking
* See video of game in action: http://bit.ly/akoGzp
Letters are easier to press
Added background music