Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
iOS iPad Entertainment
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 128 incredible brushes, advanced layer system and is powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend color with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Over Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9"
- Ultra High Definition canvases up to 8192 x 4096px for iPad Air 2
- Powered by Silica: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Share to any connected cloud storage or social media service
- Advanced Quick Menu for rapid interface interaction
- Localization for 15 languages
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 128 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Streamlined Interface Designed for iPad:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Efficient gesture controls built specifically for multitouch
- Procreate’s Gallery keeps your artworks organized
- Delete, duplicate and share with a swipe and a tap
- Light Interface especially made for bright conditions
• Color Without Compromise:
- Stunning 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Exact ColorDrop fills with Reference Layers that won’t damage your line work
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Relive your Creative Journey with Instant Replay:
- Watch artwork come to life as Procreate repaints every stroke in stunning 4K resolution
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Export artwork from the canvas, or simply swipe to export or select artwork in the Gallery
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Print directly from Procreate with AirPrint
- Export to or import from any cloud service extension
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
Did you see our latest release? It's not over - here's some more stuff! We've made a bunch of improvements including feature tweaks, memory usage and stability upgrades, as well as heaps of other things.
- The app would crash when you tried to Learn More about Perspective Guide. Contrary to what that might indicate, we'd actually really like you to Learn More. Now you can.
- Sometimes when you selected the option to fit the canvas inside the interface, it actually didn't do that. We've vastly improved this feature to the point where it now actually works.
- We've fixed an issue with the start-point of freehand selections. Closing a freehand selection also now immediately commits the mask.
- Transform downsampling could be unnecessarily severe on newer iPads. This temporary unpleasant visual is now significantly improved.
- When you make a Quickline, you can now snap it to 15-degree increments by adding a finger to the canvas while dragging the Quickline endpoint. This already existed in Quickline Transform mode, but it now works immediately when making a Quickline and with Apple Pencil.
- The magnification was missing from the Eyedropper when activated by Touch, which was extremely unhelpful. Now you can actually see what you're doing.
- When changing a color, the color popover could aggressively dismiss when you lifted your finger. It's much calmer now, and will hang around until you tell it to leave.
- Relatedly, activating Eyedropper by touch-hold now works with popovers open. Generally popovers are just a lot more chill.
We've loved seeing how much you're all enjoying the latest features, and we hope this update will make things even better. If you're enjoying Procreate, let us know by leaving a short review on the App Store.
148Apps —Procreate Review