iOS iPad Entertainment
Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimized for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced Quick Menu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- 35 customizable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organize your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Color Without Compromise:
- 64-bit color for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Color support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact color matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, Recolor
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s time-lapse replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favorite streaming service
- Record everything in real time and share it to any connected service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
This update is huge. More than any release before it, Procreate 4.1 is packed with features you’ve requested, giving you more power, more control, and more fun.
• Live Symmetry
Watch your strokes mirror and rotate across the canvas to make beautiful designs and compositions. You can paint with any brush, smudge and erase, or even ColorDrop for incredible new creations.
• Advanced Drawing Guides
Procreate’s groundbreaking perspective tools have been massively expanded with 2D and isometric guides. With accurate control over grid measurements and the power of Drawing Assist, Procreate will take you where no one has gone before.
• Warp Transform
Engage the Warp mode to wrap, fold, and curve your textures and access a new dimension in transformation.
• Liquify Filter
Harness the power of the Silica-M engine to liquify your artwork for amazing new effects. Twirl, bloat, pinch, and reconstruct, or use it with Symmetry just because it’s ridiculously fun.
• Gesture Controls
We’ve opened up a bunch of Procreate’s gestures to access all sorts of features to customize your workflow. Swipe three fingers down to invoke QuickMenu, or bring up Copy & Paste controls with a four-finger tap. The power is yours.
• Layer Select
Create faster than light by switching layers right on the canvas. Just touch the content to instantly select the layer.
• Brush Set Sharing
Entire Brush Sets can now be exported and imported for your convenience and pleasure.
• 30-Second Time Lapse
Now you can export social media ready 30-second Time-lapse Recordings, as well as those delicious long ones.
• Other Stuff
There’s also a bunch of nifty little changes, including better interaction with QuickLine, a color Invert option for layers, and significant improvements to Transform resampling.
We love reading your reviews on the App Store, so keep 'em comin'. Now we’ve finished talking, so you can go and have fun.
148Apps —Procreate Review