iComics is a Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch which allows you to read DRM-free comics from your own collection, quickly and smoothly!
Supporting all of the major comic formats, iComics makes it extremely easy to import comic files onto your iOS device, and start reading them straight away!
- Supports all of the major comic formats (ZIP, CBZ, RAR, CBR, 7ZIP, CB7, TAR, CBT, EPUB, PDF).
- Comics can be imported from your PC via iTunes, or from other apps on your iOS device (Such as Dropbox®, or Safari).
- Comic files are never modified or destroyed (So you can get them back off your device whenever you want!)
- A comprehensive collection listing, with the ability to re-order, rename and delete comics from within the app.
- Each comic has a reading progress icon - unread, in-progress, and read (So you'll never forget where you were up to!)
- Super smooth scrolling when turning pages.
- A slider that lets you jump between comic pages quickly.
- Comics can be read from left-to-right, or right-to-left (Great for Eastern comics)
- Page zooming can be set to reset every-time a page is turned, or locked to the same scale across all pages.
- Extra wide comic pages can be split up and treated as two separate pages.
- Many sharing settings including being able to email, print or locally save individual pages!
iComics requires iOS 5.0 or higher
Supported hardware includes:
- iPad (All generations)
- iPhone (3GS and above)
- iPod touch (3rd gen and above)
- A bookshelf-like menu to complement the comics listing.
- Adding bookmarks.
- Separate comic collections.
- Adding a comic page thumbnail index.
- Integrated Dropbox®, WiFi and web browsing for importing comics.
- Hot-jumping between separate comics.
- The ability to extract nested archives.
- Being able to crop/format comic covers.
Follow me on Twitter (@TimOliverAU) for updates!
Comic in Screenshots: Love Hina Volume 1 by Ken Akamatsu (Used with permission).
All comics accompanying this app for demonstration purposes have either been released into public domain or prior written permission has been sought. No copyright infringement is intended.
New file formats:
New language support:
Other New features:
-Added an embedded browser to minimise switching to Safari. (Source code available on GitHub)
-When emailing a comic page, each one is now sent with its proper file name.
-Revamped the way solid archives are handled.
-Fixed a crash that occurred when loading large PDF files.
-Fixed a bug where comics with Unicode filenames sometimes loaded backwards.
-Added all of the latest file formats to the "Open in" dialog of Safari and other apps.
-Fixed a few UI related bugs.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 30, 2013
- Tim Oliver
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (68)
- 4.5 MB