iOS iPhone Entertainment
We’ve packed a world of entertainment in one little app. Watch live TV or catch up on the latest movies and shows On Demand. With the DIRECTV app, your favorite entertainment always goes where you go. And now, you can control your HD DVR from your Apple Watch, too.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, live or on Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases on DIRECTV CINEMA and buzz-worthy entertainment from top premium channels like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Start watching an On Demand program on one device, pause, then continue watching on any other device
• Binge watch with ease. When you finish watching an episode of a show, the next episode will start playing automatically
• Start watching a show on your device, then tap to send it to your big screen. And vice versa—send it from your TV to your mobile device
• Make wise decisions with detailed program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations and parental ratings
• Tap the new “In my subscription” filter to browse the movies and shows that don’t require extra payment
• Set your DVR to record movies and shows from anywhere. You can record a single episode of a show or an entire series with just one tap
• Add more time to the start or end of your recording request so you won’t miss a second of the action—even if your program runs overtime
• Control your TV from your Apple Watch.* Find new movies and shows, view their details, and set them to record to your DVR, and more from your wrist
• Add the new DIRECTV remote widget to your iOS Today screen to quickly see what’s currently playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more—all without unlocking your phone or opening the DIRECTV app*
• When you want to find a show, just speak up. Voice search can help you find exactly what you're looking for. You can even set it to display results on your TV
*IMPORTANT TIP: Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, then select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
- iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 9+
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for iPhone
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature
Thanks for using the DIRECTV app! We’re working hard to improve your experience! Here’s what’s new in this update.
Accessing your favorite content is now easier. We added an easy-to-access play button to every channel within the Live Streaming Guide!
Want easier access to live content? We added a Live button to the upper right on the Home page!
Parental info by Common Sense Media has a whole new design. Check it out by visiting the info page of your favorite show!
As always, performance and stability are a top priority.
*** Love the app? Please take a moment to write a review on the App Store!***