iOS iPhone Entertainment
The ultimate video experience is just a tap away with the DIRECTV App for iPhone. Watch top TV channels live on your iPhone® or iPod touch® in any room of your home. You can get instant access to hit entertainment on demand from HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, Showtime®, Nickelodeon, HGTV, and Comedy Central, plus the latest DIRECTV CINEMA movies and more, whenever and wherever you want—at home or on the go.
And now includes support for Apple Watch!
Limited programming available. Additional charges may apply. Available for customers in the USA only
- Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows On Demand at home or on the go with HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, Showtime®, Nickelodeon, HGTV, Comedy Central and more.
- Turn your iPhone into a portable TV and watch top TV channels live in any room of your home.
- Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere.
- Get program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations & parental ratings.
- Watch thousands of your favorite shows and movies right on your iPhone.
- “Live TV” displays a list of channels available to watch on your iPhone within the home.
- Set parental controls, and enjoy peace of mind over what your children are watching.
- Browse and discover thousands of On Demand titles.
- Search for DIRECTV CINEMA movies based on categories.
- Search for any television show up to 14 days in advance, view top picks of the week, and sort by programs you can watch on your iPhone.
- Record shows by a single episode or entire series to any DIRECTV DVR in your home.
- Add additional time to the start or end of a recording request or select to manually record a channel for a specific amount of time.
- Set recordings for DIRECTV CINEMA movies to watch on your home TV any time. Order movies and events without your receiver connected to a phone line.
- Share your favorite shows with friends on Facebook and Twitter.
- Browse the top shows and movies people are currently talking about and set your DVR to record.
- Manage your account.
- Instant access to Mobile Answer Center link for FAQs.
- Browsing functionality is available to everyone.
- Recording functionality is available to DIRECTV customers with a DVR only.
- iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 8 or later
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for iPhone.
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR.
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426/
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature.
Binge your favorite shows! When streaming TV shows On Demand, you’ll see an indicator shortly before the current episode ends so you can jump to the next episode. Tap the play icon to start it immediately. If you chose to wait for the episode to end, you’ll see suggestions for other titles you might like when the credits are over.
Control your TV using a iOS widget! Add the new DIRECTV remote widget to your iOS Today screen, and quickly see what you’re currently watching, control playback, set a recording, or get more info … all without unlocking your phone or opening the DIRECTV app.
IMPORTANT TIP: Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, then select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure "External Access", “Current Program” and "Recordings" is set to Allow and "Recently Watched" is set to Share.
As always, the update includes additional bug fixes and performance enhancements.