BRIDGET: A mixed reality robot
iOS Universal Entertainment
BRIDGET is a robot that roams around the real world with you using the new Bridge headset, for iPhone, from Occipital.
Bridget uses mixed reality technology to actually interact with the world around you -- something which is unprecedented (yep, we spelled that right) on a mobile device.
Bridget can already do some amazing things, right in your living room:
• Scan your surroundings in 3D
• Automatically navigate around real obstacles
• Drop furniture from the sky
• Play fetch with a metallic toy
Over time, Bridget will evolve as creative developers teach her more about the world.
This app requires the Structure Sensor accessory, and is designed to be used with the Bridge headset.
Learn more at bridge.occipital.com
- BRIDGET got a rendering overhaul and now uses PBR (physically based rendering) materials
- Bugs squashed, including one where Bridget would get too close to (and sometimes pass through) furniture
- The portal has been temporary disabled to avoid collapsing the space-time continuum
- iPad support has been improved featuring an updated UI and support for iPads without the wide vision lens attachment