iOS Universal Entertainment
Auryn Ink (pronounced "orin") is the only true watercoloring app on iOs. It is a "no mess watercolor mobile studio" that creates authentic watercolor simulation. It allows for wet on wet, wet on dry and glazing effects. Based on the tilt of your device, colors run down the surface, bleed and spread out to create darker edges just like real watercolor.
Auryn Ink's features provide everything a watercolorist needs to create and share beautiful works of art on a mobile device. Now you can generate complete watercolor paintings with the touch of a finger or stylus anywhere, anytime!
It supports Apple Pencil and Adonit styluses and has been updated to make the most of iOs 9 features.
• Wet on wet and wet on dry simulation
• Wet, dry and fixed layers to enable glazing effects.
• Ability to lift color with water
• 96 pre-defined bright, vibrant colors matching Windsor and Newton professional watercolor range.
• Control over water drying rate allowing for more wet painting time
• Two choices for water cell density for faster and slower results.
• Choice of six watercolor paper types.
• Ability to save a custom color pallet.
• Easy access to brush size, water amount, and amount of color on the brush.
• Ability to switch slider sides for left handed users.
• Gallery to save your paintings in their wet form to work on later.
Here are some of the recent reviews from Auryn Ink users
"As a water colorist, I can say Auryn Ink is the closest thing to real watercolor there is: better than Paper, Procreate, Artstudio, Sketchbook Pro, on and on I've tried all the ones recommended in blogs/articles. - Jeanie Egolf"
"This is a Bee-you-tee-full app. And it gets better and better. It's simple - I love it! It's simple to use, the colors are beautiful, it's easy to learn, and more. Thank you. Five Stars here! - Marezeedotes"
"What a fantastic product!! Easy to learn, very intuitive for a water colorist, lots of fun, quick and exciting results.....and all for the price of an energy bar. A beautiful, well thought out piece of application software for real users....you can tell I like it- BadMonet"
"There are painting apps for the iPad, and then there's Auryn Ink." - Fast Company
"The intuitive and easy to navigate Auryn Ink supports the creative urge of the artists by allowing them to create paintings with the touch of a finger anywhere at any time." - TMCnet
"Auryn Ink does a great job of simulating watercolor on paper and is a fun way to quickly experiment with various colors, brushes and more." - Today in Art
"Once you feel the canvas absorbing your paint, actually sucking it into the porous fabric, you will understand why this app shines." - SAHGeekMom
Please rate and review the app. Don’t forget to send your work to be added to our online gallery, it keeps us inspired.
Visit our online gallery to see works created by artists using Auryn Ink
- Fixed a minor bug relating to drawing on extreme zoom at 4K
- Other minor improvements.