iOS iPad Entertainment
Real paint at your fingertips!
Ever wanted to try painting your masterpiece but were put off by the mess and expense? ArtRage gives you the feel of real paint on your digital canvas with an artist's toolkit filled with realistic tools like smearing oil paint, blending watercolors, shading pencils, soft pastels and much more.
ArtRage tools aren't just about color: They know how much paint you've used so you can smear it around to spread it over the canvas. They know how wet your paint is so you can blend it with other paints. They know about the roughness of your paper so your pencils can be used for soft shading.
It's not just a special effect - It's a live simulation of the properties of real artistic media so you can get creative with colors and textures using tools you already know how to use!
Come join the ArtRage community!
Real world painting tools include Oils, Watercolors, Paint Rollers, Pencils, Crayons and more. Each tool has a range of settings that reflect familiar properties such as how much thinner is applied to the paint, or how soft a pencil tip is. Tools apply texture as well as color, and blend under the brush.
Add Layers to your painting and work on individual elements without damaging others. ArtRage supports a wide range of Layer Blend Modes, and layer contents can be scaled moved and rotated independently.
Import images, converting them to oil for smearing or as Reference Images pinned to the canvas as a visual guide. You can load photos as Tracing Images which are overlaid on the canvas, and have ArtRage select colors from them automatically as you paint.
The interface has been designed specifically for the iPad, compacted to maximize your creative space without hiding away critical functions such as tool and color selection. As you paint, it gets out of the way so that you don’t have to stop and manually adjust panels.
Record your paintings! The ArtRage Script system lets you record strokes while you paint for playback in desktop versions of the product at higher resolution.
Import and Export using external services such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox, and deviantArt Sta.sh. Share your images on Facebook and Twitter.
• Oil Brush, Watercolor, Airbrush, Palette Knife, Paint Roller, Paint Tube, Inking Pen, Pencil, Marker Pen, Chalk, Crayon, Glitter Tube, Gloop Pen, Eraser, Flood Fill.
• Paint media simulation monitors the physical properties of your paints to allow natural blending, smearing, and other real world behavior.
• Preset support allows you to save your favorite settings for later use.
• Unlimited layers with Photoshop standard blend modes, visibility and opacity controls. Scale, rotate, and position layer contents independently.
• Record your paintings then play them back in a desktop version of ArtRage 4.
• Unlimited Undo / Redo. Load photos as References or Tracing Overlays. Store as many color samples as you want for later.
• Create paintings up to 2048 x 2048.
• Control the texture and color of the canvas to create different effects. Canvas presets can be stored to save your favorite settings for later.
• Export PTG, JPG or PNG to external services such as Email, iTunes File Sharing, Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox, and more. Share images on Facebook or Twitter. Import photos to a new file or a layer, with camera support.
• Easy access pods provide convenient functionality without getting in the way. Elements vanish as you paint so you can paint underneath without having to stop. Multi-Touch shortcuts for canvas manipulation, Undo/Redo, and Brush Size.
Bluetooth Stylus Support:
• Includes support for Wacom, Adonit, Adobe, and Pogo styluses.
• Quick Reference covers the basics of the application and link to online support. Free product support available via our Forums or by email to our support team.
ArtRage for iPad 2.0 has been completely rebuilt and redesigned for iOS 8 & 9 to improve performance and workflow. If you have used ArtRage for iPad 1.6 there is a list of important changes you can read the first time the app launches.
2.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
• Glitter Tube: Sprinkles particles of various shapes.
• Gloop Pen: Creates expanding wet strokes with a variety of properties.
New File Sharing Support:
• Support added for Adobe Creative Cloud, Dropbox, DeviantArt Sta.sh.
• Upload / Download files using available services.
• Import and export Layers using available services.
• Load Tracing Images and Reference Images from available services.
• Load ArtRage and Image files from Mail, Photos, iTunes File Sharing.
• iOS support for Facebook and Twitter added.
• Supports iOS Copy/Paste.
• Transparency support added.
• Custom canvas presets can now be created.
• Custom canvas size presets can now be created.
• Redesigned and rebuilt for current iOS.
• Significantly improved the speed of panel responses.
• Significantly improved the speed of layer transformations.
• New three finger tool size gesture preview for accuracy.
• Tap / Drag / Release gestures for tool sizing and color picking added.
• Color Sample Lens functionality added.
• Precise color picker added with numeric selection of color values (HLS/RGB).
• Added quick access to New and Export functionality from the canvas view without needing to go to the Gallery.
• Preferences shifted inside the application.
• Paintings can now be sorted in to folders with folder management tools available.
• Gallery layout changed to a grid layout with page view optional.
• Custom resources can be sorted in to categories in the picker.
• New Size presets allow easy recovery of favorite canvas sizes.
• Custom canvas presets can now be stored.
Bluetooth Stylus Support:
• Updated all stylus support to current standards.
• Added support for Adobe Ink.
• Added support for current Adonit models.
• Improved support for current Wacom models.
• Improved support for Pogo Styluses.
• 64 bit support.
• Improved memory handling and stability.
• Improved background task processing for long operations such as file sharing.
148Apps —ArtRage Review