Get creative with paint without the mess and expense! Explore a packed toolbox of intuitive, natural painting tools like oils and watercolors that let you experiment with color blends and textures on a realistic canvas. ArtRage places the tools of a real art studio at your fingertips.
ArtRage doesn't just place color on your canvas. It keeps track of how much paint there is and how wet it is, so you can blend color under the brush as you paint, or lay down thick lines of pigment for smearing with the Palette Knife just like the real thing. Watercolors react to the wetness of the brush and paper, to create hard edged strokes or blend to soft gradients. Canvas grain affects the paint, and dry pigments break up on the surface to create textures. It's not just a special effect, it's a live simulation of the properties of real paint.
Come join the ArtRage community!
Real world painting tools include Oils, Watercolor, Paint Rollers, Pencils, Crayons and more. Each tool has a range of settings that reflect familiar properties such as how much thinner is applied to the paint, or how soft a pencil tip is. Tools apply texture as well as color, and blend under the brush.
Add Layers to your painting and work on individual elements without damaging others. ArtRage supports a wide range of Layer Blend Modes, and layer contents can be scaled moved and rotated independently.
Import photos, converting them to oil for smearing or as Reference Images pinned to the canvas as a visual guide. You can load photos as Tracing Images which are overlaid on the canvas, and have ArtRage select colors from them automatically as you paint.
The interface has been designed specifically for the iPad, compacted to maximize your creative space without hiding away critical functions such as tool and color selection. As you paint, it gets out of the way so that you don’t have to stop and manually adjust panels. With support for Multi-Touch gestures, important shortcuts are available without needing any interface.
Record your paintings! The ArtRage Script system lets you record strokes while you paint for playback in desktop versions of the product at higher resolution.
- Oil Brush, Watercolor, Airbrush, Palette Knife, Paint Roller, Paint Tube, Inking Pen, Pencil, Marker Pen, Chalk, Crayon, Eraser, Flood Fill.
- Unlimited layers, Photoshop standard blend modes, visibility and opacity controls. Scale, rotate, and position layer contents independently.
- Record your paintings then play them back in a desktop version of ArtRage Studio or Studio Pro at higher resolution. Note: Studio does not support some palette knife features present in the iPad version.
- Unlimited Undo / Redo. Load photos as References or Tracing Overlays. Store as many color samples as you want for later use.
- Create paintings up to 1440 x 1440 on iPad 1, 2048 x 2048 on iPad 2 or later. Uses iTunes shared file space so you can share files with your desktop computer. Export JPG or PNG by email, or export to your Photos App. Upload directly to Facebook or deviantArt. Import photos to a new file or a layer, with camera support.
- Full support for Retina display iPads. Supports all screen orientations. Easy access pods provide convenient functionality without getting in the way. Elements vanish as you paint so you can paint underneath without having to stop. Multi-Touch shortcuts for canvas manipulation, Undo/Redo, and Brush Size.
Help & Support:
- Quick Reference and Guide cover the basics of the application. Free product support available via our Forums or by email to our support team.
For detailed information or help use the ArtRage Online button inside the app's Help system, or visit us online at www.artrage.com/artrage-ipad.html.
If you are updating to 1.6, please shut down ArtRage fully and restart your iPad before using it the first time. This helps to avoid speed problems in first time setup that could cause ArtRage to shut down before fully opening the first time you launch it, and makes sure application preferences are clean for the new version.
What's New in 1.6.2:
- Fixed a problem that could prevent the app launching correctly on iOS4.
- Fixed a problem that prevented some text items in the interface displaying on iOS7 when using a Retina iPad.
- Added iOS7 standard icon sizes to the application.
What's New In 1.6:
- Enhanced Stylus Support:
ArtRage now supports the Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus and TenOne Pogo Connect Stylus in addition to the original model Adonit Jot Touch.
To turn on support for one of these styluses use the ArtRage section in the Settings App on your iPad. Turn on support for the stylus you want to use, follow the instructions that come with that stylus for pairing with your device, and return to ArtRage.
For detailed information on how to use these three stylus types with ArtRage please check the information link above, or the ArtRage Online button in the toolbar of the ArtRage Help system in the app.
- Optional Tap and hold color sampling:
Due to requests from users we've made the tap and hold color sampling system optional. By default this is turned OFF. If you would like tap and hold to trigger the color sampler open the Settings app on your iPad and turn the preference on in the ArtRage section.
- In 1.6.1: Fixed a problem that could prevent the panels being accessed after color sampling with Tap and Hold sampling turned off until a paint stroke had been made.
- Airbrush Stroke Issues: We have replicated and fixed a problem that could cause odd brush stroke behavior or harsh edged non-undoable strokes to be generated if changing color or accessing other interface elements rapidly after completing an airbrush stroke. This problem was most visible when the airbrush was in Autoflow mode. Thanks to the users who put in the time to help us track this one down!
- Changes to Save: We've made some changes to the save system to improve save speed. This may also assist in the rare cases we've seen reported where a file has failed to save properly.
- Import Popover Dismissal: We've fixed a problem that could cause the Import from Photos or Camera popup to remain visible in the Gallery when accessing other menu items without completing the import operation.
- Landscape Mode Drag: We have made some changes to stroke handling to fix a problem that could cause interface panels such as the tool picker and color picker not to get out of the way when you paint close to them.
- Color Sampler Hiding: Fixed a rare situation that could result in the color sampler being hidden during a sample operation if you dragged quickly enough up and over it.
If you experience a problem with ArtRage, let us know using our support link, or the ArtRage Online link in the product itself. We're happy to work through problems with you and in most cases we can quickly resolve the issue.
Speed issues or crashing can usually be resolved quickly and easily by closing parked apps and rebooting your iPad, we provide instructions in our Forums, but in other cases we can use crash logs generated on your iPad to track down the exact cause of a problem and produce a fix. Many of the fixes listed in this update came about thanks to users who had problems getting in touch with us, so don't hesitate to get in touch.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 04, 2014
- Ambient Design Ltd.
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (30)
- 18.9 MB