2013 Taiwan Lantern
Taiwan Lantern Festival in Hsinchu County
Do you know what is the favorite activity of the Taiwanese people, besides Lunar New Year festivities? The answer is the annual Lantern Festival. That is because the Lantern Festival is a joyful and vibrant occasion suitable for family reunions, and scenic outings. This year, the 2013 Taiwan Lantern Festival will enliven Hsinchu County, one of Taiwan’s Hakka homelands.
Five lantern zones to grab your attention
The much-awaited five main lantern zones will show off Hsinchu County's abilities, including:
1. Soaring Snake Zone: Planned by the Tourism Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communications, and divided into main lantern, lighting-up lantern, traditional lantern area, blessing lantern cluster, joyful lantern area, lantern competition area, social interchange lantern area and creative lantern area. A soaring snake (2013 is the year of the snake) is used to symbolize growth and prosperity for Taiwan.
2. Hsinchu Opto Technology Lantern Zone: This zone includes a low carbon green lantern area, a phantom water dance lantern area and a Hsinchu opto technology industry lantern area.
3. Animated Art Zone: This zone includes an animated express train and a "one line with nine stops" lantern area, a comic hometown lantern area and an international robot lantern area.
4. Local Culture Zone: This zone includes a world Hakka hall, a Hakka settlements lantern area, an indigenous peoples music hall and a religious blessing lantern area.
5. Charming Hsinchu Zone: street browsing and giant lantern area, natural exploration hall,a friendly cities lantern area and the 13 townships landscape boulevard.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 16, 2013
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 28.9 MB