Well Control Simulator HD
iOS iPad Education
Well Control Simulator Provides a graphical very useful tool for training of roughnecks, derrickmen, drillers, tool pushers, drilling engineers and students in the well control procedures.
For new features, report bugs, improvements and suggestions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interactive System: no pre-set methods;
- Ability to apply methods: Driller's method, wait and weight, dynamic volumetric and static volumetric (lubricate and bleed);
- Capacities and Volumes;
- Hydraulics and Hydrostatics and critical pressures calculations;
- Behavior of the kick;
- Applied with subsea stack and surface stack;
The model assumes that the kick starts as a single bubble and migrates upward as a single bubble from the bottom to the surface.
- For simulation of drilling and kick detection, use the another app "Drilling Simulator".
Others apps for Well Control:
- Drilling Hydraulics
- Kick Tolerance
- Leak-Off Test Simulator
- Leat-Off Test Analyzer
- Well Control Methods
- Well Control Worksheets
These tools can complement (work with) this simulator by creating files which can be used in this application;
- This simulator is limited and is not applied to more complex situations.
1. Set a data file: Select Default Surface Stack or Subsea Stack;
2. Select Unit System: Select METRIC, SI, FIELD1 (Imperial) or FIELD2 (mix);
3. Configure the Parameters: Well Data, Drillstring Data, Mud, Gradients, Drill Bit, Choke, Bop Pressure, Mud Pump and Circulation Surface Equipaments.
4. Set the Circulation: Select "Drillstring -> Wellbore -> (Flowline or Choke)", "Kill Line -> (Flowline or Choke)";
5. Set Inc / Dec pump Speed to 5;
6. Bring the mud pump until the kill rate speed;
7. Register pressures @ kill rate circulation;
8. Turn to landscape position to see schematic of well;
9. Set Kick with parameters: Depth, Formation Permeability, Kick Volume, SIDPP/SICP or Kick Density/SICP or Kick Density/Pore Eq. Weight;
10. Monitore the stabilization of the drillpipe, kill and choke pressures;
11. Apply one of the methods to control;
12. Monitore the parameters during control: DP Pressure, Kill Pressure, Choke Pressure, Active Vol, Flow In/Out, Mud Weight In/Out, Pressures at BOP, Shoe and Bottom hole;
13. Set the Kill Mud Weight;
14. Acceleration of the exercise (Newest iPad recommended);
15. Real sounds (oilfield background, mud pump, bop accumulator pump, hydraulic choke and gas out)
User Guide: http://www.wellcontrol.com.br/?pag=drillingsimulator
These tools & materials are provided 'as is' without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
Please verify the tools provided by this application by yourself before you use them. Ensure you understand the impact of using these tools.
Any use you choose to make of these tools & materials is undertaken by you entirely at you own risk.
- added LAG TIME (between adjusting choke until change the drill pipe pressure)
- minor fixes
- Performance and stability improvements.
Thank you for comments submitted by email. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly working on making the app better.