Star Catcher: Bubble Breaker Math
Playing Star Catcher involves careful aim, matching and strategic reasoning. Players use eye-hand coordination to help a friendly space traveler aim swirling orbs toward matching colors. This begins the process of collecting these beautiful energy orbs for an increasingly long journey.
Although players do not need a firm understanding of multiplication or addition to play Star Catcher, our gameplay and scoring teach lessons about multistep math and tallying. Players of all ages can enjoy the galactic world of Star Catcher!
RAYS, ANGLES & MATCHING:
A positionable colorful arrow (ray) defines the angle of a player’s aim. Pull back and release to connect matching colorful orbs.
Players need to connect at least 3 matching orbs to score. Each orb is worth a value of 10 points. Simple multiplication equations, such as 10 x 3 = 30 are displayed in lower right corner.
Each new score is added to the total. Equations such as 170 + 30 = 200 are displayed in upper left corner.
TOP 100: Keyboard fun fictional names or use your own to remember scores.
SOUND ON/OFF: Sound effects such as zaps and zings can be turned on or off.
MUSIC ON/OFF: Happy, active music can be turned on or off.
VIBRATE ON/OFF: Only on devices with vibrate mode (not on iPad).
SHAKE ON/OFF: Players can hold their device upright & shake orbs closer to the arrow.
TUTORIAL: Explains theme, gameplay, scoring & bonus features.
BONUS FEATURES: (pictured in tutorial) special orbs add excitement & strategy:
-TWISTER = extra time!
-SPARKY = all matching colors are collected!
-LOOPER = all nearby orbs are collected!
LEVEL UP! is announced when players reach a new experience level.
EXTEND THE LEARNING & CONVERSATION:
-Encourage science investigations of space travel, energy, nebula and stars.
-Encourage imaginative role play with fanciful space dramas and travel theme.
-Encourage descriptive language by asking children to describe the gameplay.
-Encourage inventiveness by imagining spaceships of your own design.
-Encourage deeper understanding of math by discussing this app’s scoring.
-Encourage creative storytelling. Write imaginative tales for this space character.
ESPECIALLY FOR TEACHERS/SCHOOLS:
-Top 100: Students keyboard real names or fun character names when logging scores.
-All Mrs. Judd’s Games correlate with US Common Core State Standards, such as:
-(K.CC) By kindergarten counting and number value are invaluable in mathwork.
-(K.OA- 1.OA) Combining orbs in gameplay actively demonstrates addition.
-(2.NBT) By 2nd grade students work with three digit numbers, and group by 10.
-(3.NBT) By 3rd grade students multiply one-digit numbers by multiples of 10.
-(3.0A) By 3rd grade students solve two step problems. Our scoring helps this skill.
-(4.G.1) By 4th grade students begin to explore rays and angles in mathwork.
I hope you enjoy Star Catcher!
Find more of our unique games at www.mrsjuddsgames.com.
Get previews, fun learning links, and "like us" on Facebook!
Need any help?
If you need any help with our products or have suggestions on how we can improve, please visit our support page.
About Mrs. Judd's Games
Mrs. Judd, a professional toy/game designer and recently retired early childhood teacher, teams with the talented design team of KBooM! Games to create a unique line of teacher-designed app activities that relate to childhood learning, play, and pretend. Each game is designed to be used on its own, or within a set of enriching tasks children can do at home and school. See our website or newsletter for craft ideas, teaching opportunities and play activities that align with our apps.
- Removed Appirator
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Sep 12, 2014
- Synvata LLC
- 23.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Backpack Zack
• Chalk Walk
• Crabby Writer: Phonics Read & Write
• DJ Baby Planet: Music Toy for Tots
• Fantastic Fireworks: Fun Fireworks Creator for Kids
• Hi Mom! - Kids Photo Sharing
• Kuqi Fishing Master
• Kuqi Guitar Hero
• Left Right Pup
• Lucha Runner
• Penguin First Grade: Math, Reading, Time & Geometry Learning Game
• Penguin K: Kindergarten Math, Reading, Matching, Numbers, & Letters
• Penguin Pre-K: Preschool Numbers, Letters, Colors, Matching, and Math
• Penguin Second Grade: Math, Reading, Time & Money Learning Game
• Penguin Toddler: Fun with Numbers, Colors, Stickers, Size, Directions, and Expressions
• Pepe and Pepita: Bilingual Spanish Gender & Vocab Challenge
• Pretend: Kids Storytelling & Family Photo Fun
• Primes: A Game of Numbers
• Rainbow Catcher: Bubble Breaker Math
• Rainbow Catcher: Bubble Breaker Math HD
• RVC GO
• Sendy: Steam-Paint Kids Art
• Snowflake Station
• Sound City Music Trivia
• Sound City Music Trivia Lite
• Space Cakes - Kids Bakery Game with Math and Numbers
• Space Voyager Letters: K, First, and Second Grade Vowels, Consonants, Alphabet Order, & Upper/Lower Case
• Space Voyager Math: K, First, and Second Grade Common Core Math
• Star Catcher: Bubble Breaker Math HD
• Stellar Collapse
• Stellar Collapse Free
• Stellar Collapse HD
• Stellar Collapse HD Lite
• WET WMS