Squeebles Spelling Bee
iOS Universal Education
Perfect for 5 to 11 year olds, the Squeebles Spelling Test app allows you to set up completely personalised spelling tests for your children, giving them the opportunity to practise in a fun, interactive way. You input the exact words your children need to learn, recording them in your own voice. In addition, you can download over 150 preset tests, created by us, from within the app, featuring over 1800 words and based on the UK national curriculum.
"After evaluating many spelling apps, I was so pleasantly surprised while testing out Squeebles Spelling – it’s a winner!" - TeachersWithApps.com
Complete customisation of spelling tests for your children, three test modes and an engaging mini game children can play as a reward for doing well in their spellings, make this app a fun and effective way of helping children with their weekly spelling lists or general spelling practice. Can also be used for practising languages.
- Parents & Teachers - Quickly and easily set up personalised spelling tests for your children, using the words you want them to learn. The app allows you to set up tests, enter words and then record audio versions of those words for your children to listen back to before they spell them. Alternatively, download over 150 preset tests we've set up for you.
- Children - rescue Squeebles and earn turns on the squeeberang game by doing well in your spelling tests. Win stars to trade for better squeeberangs to use in the game by spelling words correctly.
- Features (from a parents' point of view)...
> No in-app purchases or third party advertising.
> The fun mini-game and reward system is set up so that your child will want to keep coming back to do more and more spelling tests so they can progress through the game.
> Unlimited players can be registered, making this ideal for home or classroom use.
> "Parents' Zone" allows you set up and manage tests, add and edit players and view stats from each player.
> Unlimited, completely personalised tests can be set up and assigned to different players, meaning weekly spelling lists from school can be entered as their own tests.
> Share tests between up to 10 devices with a free KeyStageFun account.
> Download over 150 completely editable tests created by us, featuring over 1800 words.
> Audio record function within the app lets you record each word in your own voice.
> A personalised congratulations message can also be recorded for when your child scores full marks."
> Players can be allowed to see the words before being asked spell them as well as hear them.
> Case sensitivity, foreign characters, cursive letters and dyslexia-friendly settings featuring the OpenDyslexic font.
> Tests can be assigned to multiple players.
> Instructions and other preset content can be displayed in UK or US English.
> Lower, upper or flexible case keyboard.
> Full stats, including a list of tricky words that each child is struggling with. Printable to AirPrint enabled printers.
- Features (from a child's point of view)...
> Help Gumbo rescue the Squeebles from the nasty Spelling Snake, who has taken them prisoner. There are 20 to rescue.
> Answer spellings correctly to win time on the Squeeberang game (a fun game the Squeebles love to play where you throw a squeeberang as far as you can with a Squeeble sitting on it!!!)
> Earn stars to trade for squeeberangs or power-ups by doing well in spelling quizzes. Each squeeberang has a different theme.
> See the Squeebles you've rescued, including their personalities.
Any questions, requests for features or anything else we can help you with... e-mail us at email@example.com
Version 6.3 is another minor update containing a few small improvements to the below features we added in version 6.1.
- new optional dyslexia setting (settable on a per-child basis) featuring the OpenDyslexic font and greater contrast for text.
- parents and teachers can now edit, delete, assign, download and share multiple tests at once using our new "bulk edit" feature.
- children can now trade their stars for extra power-ups as well as Squeeberangs.
- redesign of the parent / teacher zone.
- parents and teachers can now print test stats and misspellings to any AirPrint-enabled printer for each child.
- parents and teachers can now reorder tests stored in the Squeeble Cloud
- parents and teachers can now reorder players within the parent / teacher area to allow certain players to appear at the top of the list if required.
- many of our pre-recorded spelling tests have been re-recorded for improved audio clarity.
- graphics updated to fully support the iPhone X.
- a new "incorrect" sound effect.
As always, please let us know if there are any features you would like to see added to any of our apps by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org