Squeebles Spelling Test
Perfect for 5 to 11 year olds, Squeebles Spelling Test allows you to set up completely personalised spelling tests for your children, giving them the opportunity to practise in a fun, interactive way.
"After evaluating many spelling apps, I was so pleasantly surprised while testing out Squeebles Spelling – it’s a winner!" - TeachersWithApps.com
Complete customisation of spelling tests for your children, three test modes and an engaging mini game children can play as a reward for doing well in their spellings, make this app a fun and effective way of helping children with their weekly spelling lists or general spelling practice. Can also be used for practising languages.
- Parents & Teachers - Quickly and easily set up personalised spelling tests for your children, using the words you want them to learn. The app allows you to set up tests, enter words and then record audio versions of those words for your children to listen back to before they spell them. Stats on each child let you see how they're doing and which words they're struggling with.
- Children - rescue Squeebles and earn turns on the squeeberang game by doing well in your spelling tests. Win stars to trade for better squeeberangs to use in the game by spelling words correctly.
- Features (from a parents' point of view)...
> No in-app purchases, adverts or links to the internet.
> The fun mini-game and reward system is set up so that your child will want to keep coming back to do more and more spelling tests so they can progress through the game.
> Unlimited players can be registered, making this ideal for home or classroom use.
> "Parents' Zone" allows you set up and manage tests, add and edit players and view stats from each player.
> Unlimited, completely personalised tests can be set up and assigned to different players, meaning weekly spelling lists from school can be entered as their own tests.
> Share tests between up to 5 devices with a KeyStageFun Spelling Share account.
> Unlimited words in each test.
> Words can be set as being case-sensitive or not.
> Audio record function within the app lets you quickly and easily record each word in your own voice.
> A personalised congratulations message can also be recorded for when your child scores full marks, meaning for example that your own rewards can be worked into the test... "Well done! You can go to the park with your friends now!"
> Players can be set so they see the words before being asked spell them as well as hear them.
> Tests can be assigned to multiple players.
> Instructions and other preset content can be displayed in UK or US English.
> The keyboard each child sees can be set to be shown in lower or upper case letters depending on your preference.
> Full stats, including a list of tricky words that each child is struggling with, can be viewed.
- Features (from a child's point of view)...
> Help Gumbo rescue the Squeebles from the nasty Spelling Snake, who has taken them prisoner. There are 15 to rescue, including some completely new Squeebles. Ssssssss.
> Answer spellings correctly to win time on the squeeberang game (a fun game the Squeebles love to play where you throw a squeeberang as far as you can with a Squeeble sitting on it!!!)
> Earn stars to trade for squeeberangs by doing well in spelling tests. Each squeeberang has a different theme and its own stats. There are 100 to collect in total.
> See your top squeeberang scores displayed in the high score table.
> See the Squeebles you've rescued, including their personalities and stats.
> See all the squeeberangs you've collected, along with their stats.
> Have fun whilst doing your spellings!
Our other apps have been featured on BBC Radio as well as in the Daily Telegraph, The Guardian and many online app review sites specialising in children's educational apps. They consistently get positive reviews from media and more importantly, from parents and children.
The biggest update to Squeebles Spelling Test yet brings you the following additions...
- Share functionality, allowing you to share / back up tests between up to 5 devices. There is no extra charge for this service. More information at keystagefun.co.uk/spellingshare
- 5 new Squeeberangs for children to collect.
- New full screen graphics, optimised for the latest iPhone.
- Ability to add an optional audio intro to each test, giving your children the chance to have the test explained to them by you.
- Additional parental controls for resetting test scores and editing player names.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 13 hours ago
- 12.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (11)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Early Birds: Times Tables Training
• Squeebles Addition & Subtraction
• Squeebles Division 2
• Squeebles Fractions
• Squeebles Maths Bingo
• Squeebles Maths Race
• Squeebles Times Tables 2
• Squeebles Word Search
• Tablas de Multiplicación: Squeebles Multiplicación