Speech with Milo: Prepositions
“Speech with Milo” apps were created by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, and have been downloaded over 100,000 times. "Speech with Milo: Prepositions" was created as a versatile and entertaining speech therapy tool for children. Milo is for speech therapists working with children, or parents who want to teach language skills to their children. The app offers an enjoyable tool used in therapy at a cheap price.
★★★★★ "This program has really helped me introduce prepositions in a way that the students seem to "get it" (Jo-Ed Speech Therapy)
★★★★★ "My kids love it. It's fun and entertaining that they don't even ask me to play a game so that they can take a break from work." (mco001)
★★★★★ "I like the Milo interface, and that he moves into the position" (Ann N)
See a demo here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iky3Vvieoj0
“Speech with Milo: Prepositions” is centered on the same adorable and energetic mouse that you were introduced to in “Speech with Milo: Verbs”. Milo demonstrates 23 location words such as “inside,” “above,” and “behind.” The animated Milo will quickly win your child over so you can work on basic location concepts. Flash cards are typically used for this type of exercise, but the animation that comes with Milo will keep any child focused and attentive. And most important- it is fun!
The app comes with one set of easy instructions for both Speech Therapists and Parents. The instructions provide you with the means to use the app in many different ways so that it can be used for toddlers and preschoolers, as well as children with language delays.
• Used in therapy for children with special needs, such as: Autism / Asperger Syndrome, Down Syndrome, developmental delays, cognitive delays, speech and language delays.
• Fun and affordable
• Milo, an animated mouse, keeps children interested and motivated to learn.
• Instructions for Speech Therapists and Parents (in English only)
• Preposition is spoken as the concept is demonstrated in order to reinforce with auditory input. There is an option to turn this feature off.
• Written verb is displayed at the bottom of the screen to reinforce reading skills. There is an option to turn this feature off.
• Phrase button allows child to listen to a sentence using the preposition in context.
• Milo takes a break every once in a while with some cheese and a dance. The child gets to feed Milo some cheese and watch him dance as a reward for his/her hard work.
• You may customize the prepositions that Milo demonstrates. On List of Words from the Home Page, you can do the following: random order, default order, or select your own custom set of prepositions to work on by touching the word(s) in list of words to activate/deactivate blue button.
• Background music can be turned off if it is too distracting for the child.
For support issues: www.speechwithmilo.com
Doonan Speech Therapy is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 1-3,4-7, Parents
Categories: Special Needs, Vocabulary
If you choose to email us via feedback, then we promptly delete your address after your question has been answered.
- Introducing "Speech Therapy Ideas". These are tips from a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist posted three times a week.
- Several new Prepositions have been introduced or improved.
- The "Beneath" bug has been resolved.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 1 day ago
- Doonan Speech Therapy
- 43.6 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (52)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (96)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• (Spanish) Speech with Milo: Prepositions
• (Spanish) Speech with Milo: Verbs
• Feelings with Milo
• Language Lab: Adjectives
• Language Lab: Spin & Speak – Social Skills
• Language Lab: ing Verbs + Prepositions
• Speech Therapy Tool Kit
• Speech With Milo - Adjectives
• Speech with Milo Articulation Board Game
• Speech with Milo Articulation Board Game PRO
• Speech with Milo: Interactive Storybook
• Speech with Milo: Nouns
• Speech with Milo: Sequencing
• Speech with Milo: Verbs